cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I called my Husbands mobile and it cost me £45!

Jadebray

Re: I called my Husbands mobile and it cost me £45!

Hi, yesterday my girlfriend jade has checked her bill, to see she is being overcharged By £34 for ringing my cousin on a 07488. Which is a sky mobile number. Jade pays for a mobile call plan. When ringing plusnet today the man on the phone said this was a premium number and my cousin should have been informed by sky, which she hasn't been. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

When ringing plusnet today the man on the phone said this was a premium number and my cousin should have been informed by sky, which she hasn't been.

Utter rubbish! obviously Customer Support (well at least the one you spoke to!) haven't been made aware of the problemRoll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

But PlusNet apparently assured the Advertising Standards Authority a couple of weeks ago that "that this is an issue they are currently investigating however in the meantime any such numbers will be included in their call plans"

Jadebray

After my cousin ringing sky they have confirmed her number isnt premium, and no one should be charged.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Please read the whole of this topic.  This is a problem with BT Openreach phone number to charge band allocation COUPLED with Sky's mobile number prefixes.

Plusnet have declared a position and plan on this, however it is evident that some front line staff do not know this.  The matter has been escalated.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jadebray

The matter has escalated, so yes lets all sit here while they charge us more, look when the post was started... Whats been done since nothing, people are still being charged

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Just because you cannot see it does not mean nothing has been done.  As has been explained resolution of this issue is complicated and Plusnet has committed to resolve the matter and address instances of over charging.

What I was referring to when I said "this has been escalated" is that some front line staff do not know Plusnet's declared position on this matter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is now more than 3 months since this thread was started. While I appreciate that Plusnet feel this is a 'complex' matter but has the potential overcharging of customers been rectified?

@JonoH Can we have an update please?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@LouisaMartin - can you please field this one for the moment?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling Plusnet... Is there anyone there? If so, HOW ABOUT AN ANSWER TO MY POST FROM MONDAY?

Or maybe you just don't care about your customers?

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Perhaps as they say this isn't any contribution to this thread but I have to say after reading the many long unsolved ongoing problems highlighted on this forum the plusnet ad makes me laugh.

You know the one. Plusnet comic gets wet shielding the customer. The actual true reality would be the plusnet comic cowering behind the customer while the customer takes the hit. Paying the price for their mistake their fault time after time.

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@Anonymous @Townman @MauriceC

I'll find out an update on this for you for Monday however, in the meantime whilst we get the issue fully resolved, we are commited to helping customers on an individual case by case basis. Therefore, if anyone has been overcharged, please shout out to me now and I will get the community team to pick up and deal with it.

Thanks

Louisa
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Jadebray

@Jadebray wrote:

Hi, yesterday my girlfriend jade has checked her bill, to see she is being overcharged By £34 for ringing my cousin on a 07488. Which is a sky mobile number. Jade pays for a mobile call plan. 

Has she been refunded?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Anonymous

1. Have you been refunded?

2. Have you continued to call your husbands mobile? if so...

3. Have calls to the number continued to appear on the bill as chargeable?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LouisaMartin wrote:

@Anonymous @Townman @MauriceC

I'll find out an update on this for you for Monday however, in the meantime whilst we get the issue fully resolved, we are commited to helping customers on an individual case by case basis. Therefore, if anyone has been overcharged, please shout out to me now and I will get the community team to pick up and deal with it.

Thanks

@LouisaMartin

Thanks, I will look forward to your update today.

Are you currently only refunding customers who have noticed being overcharged and who contact you, or are you proactively identifying instances of overcharging and arranging refunds?