cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am still waiting for cashback nearly two months after signing up

mm100s3

I am still waiting for cashback nearly two months after signing up

I signed up on the 1st December for broadband and phone line with £ 75 cashback  My Broadband started around the 16th December and the phone line on the 2nd January.  It is now nearly two months later and I have still not received my cashback.  Could you please inform me when I can expect to be paid?
7 REPLIES 7
SharonBrown
Grafter

Re: I am still waiting for cashback nearly two months after signing up

Hi mm100s3,
I am really sorry for the delay, I would have expected you to have had the email long before now.  I'd advise checking through your spam/junk folder on your email and in the meantime, I've passed your details to the department dealing with this to make sure that it was sent.
I am sure you'll hear something from them shortly.
Best wishes
SAB
mm100s3

I raised a question through the 'ask the support team a question part of your website'  two weeks ago
I have been informed this morning the issued is resolved IT IS NOT
There is nothing in my inbox from Plusnet other than copies of the messages from the support team, there is nothing in my spam folder.
Plusnet took more than 160 pounds advance line rental from me within seconds of signing up and it's now well over two months later and still no sign of any cashback.
Your support team put the question 'on hold' for a week and then did exactly the same thing a week later.
That is NOT a way to resolve the problem. 
So I have three questions
Just what are you doing to get me the cashback owed to me?
When EXACTLY can I expect this issue to be FULLY resolved?
Will I need to commence formal action through the courts to recover what is owed to me?

Margaret Evans
tooslow
Grafter

Join the club has been months since I signed up - I was not even sent the cashback link until 4 weeks had past activation, despite being told it was 10 days!  
Email after email, delay and more delays - contradictory replies from CS.
And so the latest is I am have been told I will receive my cheque before the 16/02/15 - that was last week. So 4 days to go - and do you think I will see that cheque before then?...will I [Censored]
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim):  Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Forum Rule]
jim:red Avoidance of swear filter removed mod:end
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just double checked this directly and the cheque is being processed for you. However you're right in that you probably won't get this before Monday, as that's the date we're dispatching them. Sorry you were told differently.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mm100s3

To Plusnet Chris,  Was that last posting addressed at me or 'tooslow' the other poster as it is not immediately clear?
Margaret Evans
mm100s3

--- deleted
mm100s3

I refer to the response to my support question 919am this morning
There is no email, either in my inbox or in the spam folder nor anywhere else.  I have received a number of emails before and since to the address you have on file without any issues. I have also received emails from plusnet like one today saying that you have 'replied' to my question. 
You acknowledge this so called cashback email email hasn't been opened or claimed,  I also draw your attention to them message sent by yourselves 9:52am, Thursday 5 Feb 2015
"Our suppliers have advised that the e-mail has been resent and you should receive it in the next 7 days"
So was that message correct, are there two emails that you somehow cannot deliver?
Regardless, the promise was of cashback, the contract was made on that basis and you do need to honour all the elements of that contract by whatever means.  Dragging this out by claiming emails have been sent and acknowledging that they haven't been opened does not resolve things.  They have not been delivered.
Your cashback process is quite clearly broke given both my complaint and that of others on here
So please fix it and stop messing me and others around with empty promises.

Margaret Evans