cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am gonna lose my number/service due to a bungle between PLUSNET and TALKTALK

DISGRUNTLED1
Dabbler

I am gonna lose my number/service due to a bungle between PLUSNET and TALKTALK

I chose to swith over to Plusnet. They sent the request to talktalk on 19 feb. talktalk decided to terminate my service on 19 march since I am on a rolling contract. So far so good. Plusnet then decided to do the switch on the 21st march. Talk talk are adamant that 19 will be the day my service will terminate1
This is ludicrous. Further they informed me that there is no request to takeover my line and number!
I am getting nowhwhere with Plusnet.
Today on chat I was told that there is a cease on my line and I have to have it removed!
What on earth is a cease?
adie:red removed all caps title as per link:rules]
17 REPLIES 17
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: I AM GONNA LOSE MY NUBLER/SERVICE DUE TO A BUNGLE BETWEEN PLUSNET AND TALKTALK

Normally a cease is what happens when the customer asks TalkTalk to cancel the contract assuming that the change would happen by a specific date but then it doesn't
Plusnet don't contact TalkTalk they apply to BT Openreach to take over the line
This should then happen with no further input from Plusnet and only when the changeover happens would TalkTalk cease charging you.
TalkTalk should not have put a cease on the line and I recommend getting in touch with them immediately advising them that they should remove the cease order
DISGRUNTLED1
Dabbler

Re: I AM GONNA LOSE MY NUBLER/SERVICE DUE TO A BUNGLE BETWEEN PLUSNET AND TALKTALK

Thank you. Just one further point. Can they decline to remove the cease?  If the cease were still in place, what will happen then?
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

TT seem to be making anyone who tries to leave more difficult than they should be. Hopefully one of the PN team will respond to this thread and will advise is they can get your number back/reallocated.
DISGRUNTLED1
Dabbler

That would be great. Am I right to understand that, if the worst comes to worst, all that will happen is that I will have no service between 19 March and 21 March. I can live with that.  What would be disastrous is prolonged lack of service ( both myself and my wife are elderly and rely heavily on phone and internet) and worst of all, loss of number.
dick:quote
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Alas I am not in a position to confirm that, but it certainly has worked out that way for others, but the detail needs to be looked into and a solution confirmed by one of the PN team who look on here.
DISGRUNTLED1
Dabbler

thanks.
adie:quote
DISGRUNTLED1
Dabbler

Re: I am gonna lose my number/service due to a bungle between PLUSNET and TALKTALK

It has been confirmed by Plusnet that talktalk have indeed put a cease on my line! Why is permissible for phone companies to do this? Is it actually permissible? Is talktalk doing something illegal here? I want to complain/take them to court!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: I am gonna lose my number/service due to a bungle between PLUSNET and TALKTALK

Hi, welcome to the forums!
I've had a look over your account/orders and can confirm our orders are committed for 21/03/16.
The linked cease with your current provider should match up with the date our orders are committed for, however I can see when checking your address, it does show a cease committed for 19/03/16. I'm not entirely sure why the cease date on TalkTalks side hasn't been matched up correctly to be honest. We couldn't have placed an order to complete on 19/03/16 as this is a Saturday and our orders will only complete Monday-Friday.
All I can really suggest at the moment is to speak to TalkTalk again (As much as I'd rather be able to sort it out myself for you) and ask them to try and change the cease date to match up correctly.
If they are unable to help with this, what you've said regarding losing service on the 19th and it starting with us on the 21st sounds like a likely outcome.
(edit: accidentally click strikethrough instead of italic)
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
DISGRUNTLED1
Dabbler

Quote from: HarryB
Hi, welcome to the forums!
I've had a look over your account/orders and can confirm our orders are committed for 21/03/16..

Thank you Harry for taking the time to help. I have had a talk with [Removed] I think at Plusnet and what has been decided is that talktalk cease will run it course and end on 19 March. On 21 March, plusnet will take over my phone number and hopefully I will have the phone within 24 hours. Broadband to follow in about 5 days. Who said that switching was easy? It is atrocious that customers are put through such traumatic times and no one is able to do anything about it. Once this is sorted, I will be looking to complain to ofcom, my mp etc etc. No telephone company should be allowed to put such restrictions on subscribers numbers in this way depriving them of a vital lifeline.
mav:csa
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quote from: DISGRUNTLED1
I have had a talk with [Removed] I think at Plusnet and what has been decided is that talktalk cease will run it course and end on 19 March. On 21 March, plusnet will take over my phone number and hopefully I will have the phone within 24 hours. Broadband to follow in about 5 days.

I think there may have been some confusion with the advisor your spoke to. As far as I'm aware at the moment, both your services should be active on 21/03/16.
The advisor seems to have suggested we will be proceeding with restarting a stopped line and then a broadband order after the cease on the 19th, however our orders are already in place for both phone and broadband and are committed to complete on 21/03/16 according to the notes on the ordering systems at the moment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Harry
Just a quick check
If TalkTalk cease the line on the 19th will the order on the 21st then fail
DISGRUNTLED1
Dabbler

Thanks everyone wanting to help.  However it seems to get more and more confusing as far as I am concerned.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@OJ - I am slightly concerned that may happen. However generally speaking, if our order was going to fail due to the losing providers cease, that would have already happened by now.
I've made a note of the account to check it on 21/03/16 so if anything does going wrong at that stage, I'll pick it up right away.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
DISGRUNTLED1
Dabbler

Thank you. I now feel the matter is in capable hands and every effort is going to be made to effect the switchover. Thank you so much.
dick:quote