cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am cautious of companies like Plusnet who do not provide details of contract length anywhere

FIXED
JamH

I am cautious of companies like Plusnet who do not provide details of contract length anywhere

I have been scouring my user account online to find out when my contract ends. No information

So I went through the initial emails from Plusnet looking to see details of the contract length and when it expires. No information

Thats strange. Why the secrecy? I think it mandatory for service providers to provide clear details of contract start and end dates. According to your own T & C's you will let us know of the minimum term when we sign up and accept our order. See below:

4.2. The relevant Service Terms, Package Terms or Offer Terms set out when the service and any minimum term commences. We'll let you know the length of your minimum term when you sign up and/or we accept your order.

You did not let me know. Why? This means you are in breach of your service agreement. I would like to know when my minimum term ends. It would be helpful if i could do this simply by looking at my account online. If you cannot implement this then please email me the details.

James H

9 REPLIES 9
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: I am cautious of companies like Plusnet who do not provide details of contract length anywhere

Try this link: https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html and display a list of your questions
JamH

Re: I am cautious of companies like Plusnet who do not provide details of contract length anywhere

Thanks but that link only directs you to the help section, I've been through that and nowhere is there any help to provide information on contract period.

I have sent a question to the help team and now await response. It is poor that the only way to obtain such fundamental information as to the term of your contract is to get in touch with the Help team
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

At the bottom of the page, click on View all questions asked and then choose to view all your questions by setting the date range. Most of the items are not answers to questions but information about your account which include one that has all the details you need.

JamH

Thanks I clicked that link but it only shows me the open questions I have, it does not provide details about the term of my contract which is what I am asking for.

I still await a response from the help team to my question. Why is is so difficult to find out when your term ends? It is nowhere in my emails or in my user account info. It seems like Plusnet either totally overlooked providing this fundamental piece of information or they are cleverly avoiding showing it for obvious reasons
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Sorry to hear you can't find the information.

If you go here you'll be able to see this information.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JamH

Thanks for your time resolving this. I still think it would be a good idea to at least show this information in the 'my account' section online instead of digging through old emails. Cheers
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

If you go to Product Change in the members centre and select Change my products you wil get something like:

Change to this package and remain on your current 24 month contract (12 months remaining)

or

You've 12 months left of your 24 contract

in the options given. You can then "cancel" out of the process.

A quick check suggests that, as only complete months are shown, the end date is that number of months after your last billing date.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Kimberlin
Rising Star

This is one of the biggest gripes I have. Why should I have to muck about looking for a contract end date? This information should be easily and readily accessible and hopefully soon, telecoms providers will be required to inform customers when their contract is coming to an end:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2018/07/phone-broadband-and-tv-customers-set-to-get-au...

I'm guessing that telecoms providers don't make it easy to see exactly when your contract end date is simply because it doesn't make any business sense for them to do so. Why 'alert' customers who simply either cannot be bothered to switch for a better deal or just forget exactly how much they are paying? It's those customers who are undoubtedly subsidising the new customers, especially those who remain 'loyal' and stick with the same provider for years just because things 'work' and they're 'happy' with the service. Ok, I understand not everyone may have a choice and might be limited to just one provider, but for many of us, we do have some form of alternative choice.

Personally, I'm happy to switch at the end of each and every contract because from my experience, new customer deals with another provider are simply better than anything the retentions department are prepared to give out. I quite like being with Plusnet, but if they're not going to give me the same deal as a brand new customer when my contract comes to an end, then I'll go find another provider. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever paying over the odds for a service I might get cheaper elsewhere and so this was the case with my last switch from BT back to Plusnet, cheaper monthly payment, cashback and a no hassle switch.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello Kimberlin,

Thanks for getting in touch. We really appreciate the time you have taken to provide feedback on the member centre. We have had  similar feedback from others and we will pass this on to the relevant team.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch should you need any further help.

Sammy

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team