cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am being overcharged and have been told that there is no date for a fix.

EstherH

I am being overcharged and have been told that there is no date for a fix.

Please would a PlusNet support person contact me who can fix my over charging issue.  I agreed to stay with Plusnet and upgrade to fibre rather than leaving.  I was told that I would be given a refund for the difference between standard and fibre broadband for the month that had already been billed and that I would then get a discount for the rest of a 12 month contract.  However, I am being charged over £35 a month when what was agreed was far less than this.  Customer service tell me that there is no estimated fix date for a billing problem affecting discounts for lots of customers, and that they cannot give me a refund or change the direct debit amount being taken.  However, I have seen on the forum that someone else with a similar issue has been fixed and is now happy.  So why have I been lied to by Customer Service?  If they have resolved an over charging issue for another customer then why not for me?

How many customers are affected by this billing discounts not being applied issue?

5 REPLIES 5
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: I am being overcharged and have been told that there is no date for a fix.

several Customers Angry despite what PN says

EstherH

I have now read on other postings that payments can be suspended until the billing problem is fixed, so why was I told that I may be overcharged for the whole of the contract if the problem is not resolved?

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @EstherH, thanks for getting in touch.

I do apologise for the issues you have had with your monthly bills and for any inconvenience this has caused yourself. I can see the support ticket on your account has recently been updated with the most up to date information. This can be viewed here

Let us know if you need anything else

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
EstherH

Alice,

Thank you for your reply.  I will monitor my bank account for the refund and check that the direct debit amount has been reduced when the next payment is taken on 16th March.

However, there is another issue to resolve.  When I agreed to stay with PlusNet and upgrade to fibre, I was also promised a refund of the increase in charge for the slow broadband in January, £8 more expensive than in December.  Presumably you will have a recording of the conversation.  I have not received this refund.

Regards,

Esther

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for your response @EstherH.

Apologies you haven't received that refund as of yet, we've processed this for you now and confirmed this all on the open support ticket here

Let us know if you need anything else

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team