cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am becoming very cheesed off with Plusnet referrals system

juliasdream
Grafter

I am becoming very cheesed off with Plusnet referrals system

I work hard to promote plusnet to people I know not only because of rewards I get from referrals but I have always thought that Plusnet provides an excellent service.
but I have to say that I am becoming very cheesed off with some aspects of the signup process.
I recently talked someone I know into signing up
I went through the whole signup process with her to make sure she had no problems
She just phoned me to say that she has been bombarded with emails from plusnet, six of them one after another
Basically the problem is that her card was not accepted and there was a threat that if the problem wasnt resolved within so many hours plusnet would cancel everything.
I find this a poor way to be treating new customers. There is a total lack of understanding for people who may not be computer literate and with such stress that is created they are more than likely to just give up.
credit cards payments can go wrong for a number of reasons. I wanted to suggest abandoning the credit card option and doing everything by direct debit but then theres no clear way as to how to go about that
Plusnet should have more understanding that not everyone finds such processes easy and work on making the whole thing easier and less stressful without the "sort yourself out of forget it" attitude
Frankly I am disgusted
29 REPLIES 29
mal0z
Grafter

Re: I am becoming very cheesed off with Plusnet referrals system

Well, I referred a friend two weeks or so again - and PN were very good - they even phoned him, and signed him up over the phone. Brilliant service - top marks PN.
My friend phoned that day and said that I owe him a drink or three and he'd been told about me refering him. So clearly the CS agent knew I had refered him.
But even two weeks later - a week after friends b/b went live - there is still no sign of the referal on my account, despite a few prompts from me.
I've been told to tell him to raise a ticket - but he's not home at the moment - and have you tried to raise a ticket - and even worse tell a newbie how to do it over the phone ???.  Undecided Undecided
So clearly there is something not right.  Sad
come on guys - get a grip.
Mal
juliasdream
Grafter

Well I gave my friend the phone number so I hope that they treat her in the same way.
from my experience Plusnet don't seem to like doing it over the phone
maybe they have changed.
We will see
As for thew referrals not getting registered properly I have had 2 referrals in the past not getting acknowledged by Plusnet and I had to do the chasing and finally got there in the end
I have another referral I'm currently chasing up because it wasnt acknowledged. I always go through the signup with the person I'm referring and I ALWAYS make sure my username is entered as referrer. Even so thats already 3 times it hasnt gone through
It makes me wonder if I've not missed out with the banner referral on my website.
It says 72  banner referrals but I've never earnt a thing from that yet whivh I find very strange
cp:quote
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

This doesn't sound good at all.
@juliasdream,
I'm looking at  your account at the moment, I assume it's the referral you have mentioned in ticket 26764134. I'll have a look into it and post back shortly.
@mal0z
Can you PM me the username of the person you referred and I'll look into it?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

@juliasdream
I think I've tracked down the referral you mentioned in your ticket. They had signed up under a different username, I had to search by postcode and match that to the account holder name. They are currently on your referral list and you've been receiving referral tokens correctly for them. I'll go add the information to your ticket.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mal0z
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
This doesn't sound good at all.
@mal0z
Can you PM me the username of the person you referred and I'll look into it?

Many thanks Chris,
PM sent
Mal
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I've had banner adds on my web site for years and never had a single referral from them despite there being no end of connections via them. I can't believe none of them have ever signed up.
Quote from: juliasdream

It makes me wonder if I've not missed out with the banner referral on my website.
It says 72  banner referrals but I've never earnt a thing from that yet whivh I find very strange
Chris
Legend

I'm going to sign up a couple of accounts now from a banner add and see if they link to the correct account.
Chris
Legend

I've just signed up a test account and the referral is showing correctly on both accounts, I'll keep checking and keep an eye out for reports of this.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Chris,
Did you try signing up from the banner on George's website? It could be there's something wrong with the banner on his site.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend

I didn't actually, but that's a suggestion I really should have thought of. Can you PM me the address your banners are on please George and I'll sign up a test account to make sure it matches it across.
glloyd
Rising Star

PM sent Chris.
Chris
Legend

Tested and replied, thanks.
juliasdream
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
I'm going to sign up a couple of accounts now from a banner add and see if they link to the correct account.

Hi chris
the plusnet link is on the home page of my website www.vinylmusic.co.uk
would you be able to test it for me
It's been up for a long time now so I find it a bit strange it hasn't produced a single referral
glloyd
Rising Star

I think what might happen is - People have a look at PlusNet via the banner adds then maybe connect direct to sign up. As I said in a previous post I've had banner adds for five years and not a bean. Perhaps we should get a small discount for carrying banner adds as it would cost PlusNet to advertise on other sites.