Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Think That I Will Be Regretfully Transferring from Plusnet

FIXED
Sleepboot
Grafter
Fixes: 2

I Think That I Will Be Regretfully Transferring from Plusnet

My Fibre + Anytime renewal date is the 28th April and now we have got past the 31st March price review I have started to look at what happens next. I have noted that NOW Broadband do a 12 month 66mb fibre + Anytime call package for £20 month and that there is also £80 Quidco available.

The offer that I have received from Plusnet is £21.95 + £9.41 for Anytime calls = £31.36.

I have phoned Plusnet in the hope that they could bridge the gap to the £20 (forgetting the Quidco) but I am told that they can't move on the £31.36.

I have been very happy with Plusnet but with all my other bills rising getting maximum value becomes ever more important.

At least I have a few days to decide what to do as I would not want to sign up elsewhere until my changeover date is nearer my end of contract date.

8 REPLIES 8
Sleepboot
Grafter

Re: I Think That I Will Be Regretfully Transferring from Plusnet

Fix

What a difference a sunny weekend makes!

On Friday there was no way that they would do a deal but this morning there was absolutely no problem in doing so. As a result I have a nice shiny new two year contract and a new Modem on the way.

Relief!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Sleepboot, thanks for getting in touch on our forums. I'm really sorry that our team didn't initially offer you the deal though pleased that you have now sorted this! Thanks for sticking with us Smiley

If you have any further queries, please just get back to us. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

There are two problems here. First a lack of consistency with what appears to be variable pricing depending on who one speaks to  and secondly the  excessive price of all-day phone calls. 

With 5G and current SIM only deals people are going to wonder why they need an ISP at all.

Sleepboot
Grafter

I agree but things move on and perhaps ISP's are starting the decline to extinction.

Having said the above 5G will not be coming here soon (nor will FTTP) and by the time it does get here reliable 5G bandwidth migh be too small. We only have 4G locally (& poor 4G at that) on 2 networks.

On my agreement Anytime calls were effectively free and we have lots of aged people call us who would regard the cost of their phoning a mobile from their landline as unacceptable.

My contract is for 2 years and taken as a whole I am happy. In 2 years time I will see where I am then.

cjsutcliffe

Hi @LaurenB,

I'm currently bashing my head against a brick wall with the renewals team.... 3 calls over the past week, no movement on price - clearly loyalty doesn't pay and the current economic situation means that belts must be tightened...

I have no issues with the service but the 'best offer' of £23.99 to renew isn't compelling when a new customer to Plusnet can get £24.99 a month, plus a £60 reward card plus cash back through various channels bringing the effective monthly cost well below my renewal - through Topcashback there is £63 cashback currently bringing the effective monthly rate to £18.16. If my renewal was around this mark (forget the cashback and rewards) I'd sign up on a 24 month contract like a shot. The irony is that new customers will be costing Plusnet more in kickback fees to those cashback and comparison sites - retaining me wont cost a penny in that regard and I don't want any new hardware (the original one is still in it's box somewhere).

I've looked at the the market for the same service (see screen capture attached) and I am willing to pay a little more for UK based support and a static IP, but when the underlying OpenReach service is solid and the same for each provider, I begin to question my logic as to why should I pay a premium for the Plusnet support?!?!?

Come on guys, help yourselves here, I really don't want to pull the plug - what i'm asking for still puts you at the top end of the monthly cost table and take a look at my customer records - zero support tickets in the 18 months that I've been with you.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

plus a £60 reward card plus cash back through various channels

I think you'll find that most ISP's (PlusNet included) T & C for their reward cards & cashback will preclude getting cashback from a third party such as Topcashback. So I'm afraid it's one or the other but not both!.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cjsutcliffe

I've managed to claim both in the past... Regardless, the cashback alone (£63) without the reward card (£60) would equate to a £3.50 reduction on the monthly cost of an 18 month contract, still better than my renewal offer - the point still stands that loyalty doesn't pay.

I can foresee redundancies at Plusnet if they don't fix their impending customer retention issues.

cjsutcliffe

@Sleepboot, What deal did you get?