Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Signed Up This Week..What Next?

Shewrog
Grafter

I Signed Up This Week..What Next?

Hello All
I signed up with plusnet on Monday this week as I am a big gamer (PC/MMO and Console/FPS) and I have been having terrible Ping problems with my current provider recently (Tesco net) who have been completely useless, worse than useless in fact.
I gave plusnet my MAC code on Monday as I received it within a few hours from tesco net but I haven't heard anything, nothing appears to have moved on my account and I still haven't received my router.
Anyway, despite this I hope the service delivers, I am mainly on PC at the moment, RIFT, GW2 and Secret World, though mainly Rift. I see it is on the list of defined games so I'm really hoping the ping will be low and steady as since Tesco made some policy changes last month they have been near unplayable.
I'm sure I'll be up and running soon.
6 REPLIES 6
dccrepairs
Grafter

Re: I Signed Up This Week..What Next?

Firstly welcome to the forums and welcome to Plusnet
I'm not a member of staff or a moderator on the forums so please bear that in mind when reading my posts (although would like to be)
Might be worth just giving Plusnet a quick call, your ticket may have been overlooked by accident.
Moderators not I'm not sure this is the right place for this post could it be moved? (no disrespect to you Shrewdog ;-))
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Welcome to the forums - I have moved this question to a more suitable place.
I think that there will be a bit of a delay because Plusnet will need to get the direct debit set up before moving you over unless you are making the first payments by credit card
The router is normally despatched a couple of days before the move
dccrepairs
Grafter

Thank Oldjim I wasn't entirely sure of what the next process should be hence my reply (perhaps not forum mod material after all 😉 )
Shewrog
Grafter

thanks for your swift responses, i had forgotten about the d. debit, i will give a quick call tomorrow.
thanks again
LukeAger
Grafter

Hi, if you made your first payment upfront using your card your mac code will have been submitted straight away and the broadband order will take around 5-7 working days. If you only submitted direct debit details it usually takes about 5 working days to set up your DD and then your order is placed. If you can't recall which option you chose you can check by calling the team, either that or one the digi care guys will pick this post up for you on Monday.
LukeAger
Grafter

Hi Shewrog.
You should have received a service notice from us (Service Notice: SN142678598) with information regarding your activation date included.
If you have not seen this yet, you can view it by logging into the Member Centre (https://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html?home=membercentretop)