Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Feel Misled

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I Feel Misled

I agreed, by 'phone, a twelve month contract for b/b and 'phone (anytime calls) to commence in August. Line rental paid in advance. My understanding was that the monthly payment agreed  was for the twelve months. No mention of an increase after three months to my recollection. This was a direct transfer from Madasafish.
I commenced Extra on 1st August. I now find that on this months bill full price is being charged for the broadband! Angry
There are two LLU options at my exchange, I was going to go with one of them but changed my mind due to the, as I thought, good offer from PN. It would appear as though I'm now being billed assuming there is no other option but BTW at the exchange. It is still incorrectly listed a Market 1 in spite of the two LLU  competitors? Sad
So, 9 months to go and I'm gone! I do not like to be deceived.
16 REPLIES 16
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: I Feel Misled

Designation of the exchange and as a result how much BT Whole sale MUST charge Plusnet is set by OFCOM. They only review the exchange status periodically when they obviously should do it on a rolling basis as the exchanges get new LLU providers.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
newagetraveller
Pro

So the fact there is competition at my exchange is irrelevant to both BT and Plusnet? Or they don't care that there is? Roll_eyes
As a result of what BT MUST charge PN then they are obviously prepared  to either lose misled and lied to existing customers or potential new customers who are either going to migrate to one of the LLU providers or just sign up with a LLU providers available.
I am now wishing that I'd not opted for PN's useless wireless router which has tied me to a 12 month contract and continued using my old router on a rolling arrangement. I'd be gone at the end of this month instead of the end of July 2013! Smiley
Whatever the status of my exchange, it still doesn't alter the fact that I was without doubt told one thing and the reality is totally different. Angry To put it bluntly, I was told a lie in order to get me to cancel the order I'd already placed with one of the LLU providers :(.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: newagetraveller
So the fact there is competition at my exchange is irrelevant to both BT and Plusnet? Or they don't care that there is? Roll_eyes

Quote from: jelv
Designation of the exchange.... is set by OFCOM.

You are complaining to and about the wrong people.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
newagetraveller
Pro

"You are complaining to and about the wrong people."
No, I'm complaining about the fact that I was told a lie to get me to cancel the order I had placed with a LLU provider and agree to switch directly from Madasafish to PN!
Please do not selectively quote my post to divert from the fact that I was deceived by PN.
So here is another more relevant quote. "I agreed, by 'phone, a twelve month contract for b/b and 'phone (anytime calls) to commence in August. Line rental paid in advance. My understanding was that the monthly payment agreed  was for the twelve months. No mention of an increase after three months to my recollection. This was a direct transfer from Madasafish."
Smiley
I note the PN staff are conspicuous by their obvious reluctance to comment? They must know what the retention people get up to then in an attempt to keep (con) a long standing customer? Sad
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I can see you talked to one of our COT agents at the start of October and have agreed a monthly discount for the full 12 months? I'm sorry if this wasn't explained in the initial sales call and will happily investigate this if you wish (though we'd need the number called from and the date and approximate time of the call to be able to find it).
newagetraveller
Pro

Strange, I don't remember speaking to COT in October! Embarrassed I do remember a 'phone conversation in July during which I agreed a discount for 12 months. A discount which has been reduced after three months and reflected in the large
increase in the monthly payment.
Hey ho, eight and a half months to go and I'll have the choice of,currently, two LLU providers at my, incorrectly listed as market 1 exchange. Smiley
Thanks for the reply though.
newagetraveller
Pro

So, here's a copy and paste showing part of an e-mail rec'd prior to going "live" on 1st Aug. This  slipped through the net without me seeing it. Otherwise I would have queried it then. I rec'd 10 separate PN e-mails on that date plus more the day after. It isn't surprising one was missed!
"We can confirm that the promotion code you provided entitles you to a discount.
Your monthly discount is:  50.00% off
You'll receive this discount for the next 6 months.
You don't need to do anything, this discount is automatically applied to your account.
You can see all your charges online at any time - https://www.plus.net/go.html/viewmyinvoices"
Not exactly the 12 months I was told but not 3 months either. It doesn't state exactly "off" what though, the total invoice or broadband etc.?

My broadband charge was increased to £17.99 on the 1st Nov. (three months in) invoice and a discount of £5.49 shown on the same invoice. According to the e-mail surely that discount should be £9 or a tad under to be strictly accurate, if applied to broadband only?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

If you go to https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search and look through the closed tickets on that date you should find a copy of that email. Post back the ticket number here.
newagetraveller
Pro

Thanks for that jelv. Smiley
Service notice 138904278, 10.51am, 1st Aug. That took some finding there are 28 various things listed for that date. Also service notice 138904277 stating discount has been created. Possibly someone from PN would check please?
It still doesn't alter the differing verbal and written confirmation though. Sad
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I'd suggest you raise a ticket to ask for the discount to be correctly applied and quote that number.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry for any confusion here, I've just checked your account and can confirm that 11 discounts for £5.49 each are in place and are due to expire on 1/10/13.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
newagetraveller
Pro

You're correct about the confusion! By my reckoning £5.49, which I mentioned in my earlier post, is not 50% of the £17.99 on my 1st Nov. invoice. What has happened with the 50% discount stated in the e-mail?
Where has 1st Oct 2013 come from? My 12 months agreement expires on 31st July 2013.  Angry Or will PN now insist I agreed to a 14 month contract? No chance!
I feel a "ticket" will be a total waste of time jelv if Mr Walker's post is anything to go by. All he's done is confirm, incorrectly, something that is in place which I already know about.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Leave it with me, I can see what's caused the issue and will get it corrected so you are actually only billing 50% of the broadband charge going forward.
*edit*
Done that now through to July next year.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
newagetraveller
Pro

So where did the 1st Oct. 2013 come from - thin air?  Undecided
I would have been better staying where I was, no contract, no hassle and cheaper! (for a smaller usage limit but I didn't use all of it anyway.