cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid Working and Residential Broadband

NinthPlanet
Dabbler

Hybrid Working and Residential Broadband

Apologies if I've posted this question in the wrong board. The current terms and conditions for residential broadband services state in section 2.1.3 that:

"[You must] use the services for personal use in the UK (so don't use the services to run your own business, but a couple of work emails or occasional home working are okay) and in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy;"

With an increase in hybrid working (x days in the office, y days working from home) likely to happen in the near future, will hybrid workers need to switch from a residential to a business broadband contract and, if so, would there be any early termination penalties for doing so?

In my case, I am able to apply to work from home two days per week from September and wanted to know if I will need to change to a business broadband account.

Many thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Hybrid Working and Residential Broadband

@NinthPlanet 

I’m sure that you will not be alone if you just keep your head down. Many, many customers are currently working from home on the residential package.

I would put money on Plusnet allowing you to upgrade to a business account if push came to shove. I would expect that at the very worse they might require you to just start a new contract without any penalties for leaving the old one.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @NinthPlanet

Thanks a lot for reaching out. Don't worry about it, I too am using my residential broadband to work from home at the moment, we fully understand that this is the case for a lot of our customers.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
NinthPlanet
Dabbler

Thanks both. 🙂