cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Humbug

hodmandod
Grafter

Humbug

With this so called 'price refresh', Plusnet have taken not just Customer Service but business practice to a new low. In most fields, an agreed deal is just that. Most of us as Plusnet customers have undergone the recurring unpleasantness of discovering we have inherited a 'new' contract many times less appealing than our 'old' one, and then spending time haggling with Customer Options to try and secure a half decent alternative for what is no more than our continuing business. The alternative has been to be continually, casually ripped off.

This is different, though. As others have mentioned, there is a principle at stake here, regardless of Plusnet's understanding of what a 'fixed length contract' means. Legally, I'm sure they're in the clear. Morally, they're dead in the water, as they appear to think it's reasonable behaviour to penalise a customer who breaks their agreement, while rewarding themselves for doing the same!

Plusnet is nothing special; but then no internet provider is. What marks Plusnet out (besides their faux mateyness)) is their distinct creepiness in implying an extra £1 a month is no big deal while going to great lengths to ensure they get it, multiple times, by making it such an infernal nuisance to kick up a fuss most customers will do nothing other than sit and fume.

Personally, I would rather pay more and not be with Plusnet, than stump up another £1 on top of what was already a not particularly generous deal, of which I have more than a year to rum. As it happens, there seem to be several, cheaper alternatives available. It's a hassle to change, just as it's a hassle to 'negotiate' with Plusnet at the best of times, simply to continue with their services. I wasn't expecting to have to do this for at least another year; but I now see it as almost a duty to put Plusnet behind me, with their grubby business practices, masquerading as bluff Yorkshire bonhomie, who really should know better than to try and justify avarice with a supposed increase in benefits - Better fibre - irrelevant! Enhanced customer service? Really! Caller display? Big deal!

Pull the other one, Plusnet - we can tell it like it is, too!

3 REPLIES 3
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Humbug

Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Have never had a problem negotiating a deal when my 12month/18 month contracts have ended.  I have been paying for Number display, so with the price increase my bill would have been an extra £0.01.

However contacted plusnet retentions and my new contract is even cheaper than the last.

Thank you plusnet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the price refresh.

Have you tried contacting our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 to see if we can offer you a new deal?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet