Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto renew line rental discount?

FIXED
mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

Howto renew line rental discount?

Big increase in my bill this month - looks like the line rental discount/saver has run out. I can't see any link to renew this on the account pages - can someone point me to a link to get this done?

9 REPLIES 9
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Howto renew line rental discount?

Thanks for your post, @mechanic123.

If you follow the link in this service notice, you should be able to renew with not problem at all.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

All that does is point to a page https://www.plus.net/rentalsaver/ which tells me:

"Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later."

What they've all gone home at 3.30 in the afternoon?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @mechanic123

Sorry about that - could you try clicking the "Log into Member Centre" button on this page instead and let us know if that takes you to the area to renew LRS? 

Thanks

Dave

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

To save time on chat/phone, can anyone tell me the rental saver charge for one year, and/or the saving over monthly charges?

Surprisingly the renewal system is not automated, apparently!

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @mechanic123

The current cost of line rental saver is £197.88 which equates to a saving of £30 (£16.49 a month instead of £18.99 a month) over the year.

This doesn't auto-renew due to the upfront costs involved and the non-refundable nature of LRS (outside of the 14 day cancellation period).

Best wishes

Dave

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

Thanks, in fact I just found the same numbers on another post in the forum.

Unfortunately, all links to the renew page(s) are coming back with the same 'Error' message, although I can connect to the member centre OK. Is there a system problem somewhere?

Later: Correction, the link to the member centre on the https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver/ page is showing the same error message.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Not as far as I'm aware, @mechanic123

If you run into the same issues after you've cleared the cache and cookies from your Internet browser and tried this on a number of devices and browsers, it may be worth contacting my colleagues in the Customer Services team to renew this for you - they can be reached on 0800 328 4620 and the current wait for an advisor is minimal.

Just out of interest, can you log into the Member Centre manually via www.plus.net and then access Line Rental Saver via the phone tab?

Best wishes

Dave

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

"If you run into the same issues after you've cleared the cache and cookies from your Internet browser and tried this on a number of devices and browsers, it may be worth contacting my colleagues in the Customer Services team to renew this for you - they can be reached on 0800 328 4620 and the current wait for an advisor is minimal."

Good advice there, Dave, and indeed the problem was here. I renewed with MS-IE (I know!) with no problem, and trying again with MS-Edge (after clearing the cache) worked too. Thanks for the support!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers for getting back to us @mechanic123 

I'm glad to see you've managed to renew line rental saver now Thumbs_Up

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet