cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will the £1.50 CC charge be billed?

Nick_Russell
Grafter

How will the £1.50 CC charge be billed?

Elsewhere there are discussions on the pros and cons of the £1.50 charge, but my question here is how will it be billed?
With BT there is a charge of £4.50 per quarter added to the normal bill for those who do not pay by DD.  If you pay by DD this does not appear.
With the new CC charge, how will Plusnet charge this?  Will it appear on my normal monthly bill?
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: How will the £1.50 CC charge be billed?

Yes, its added to the monthly bill as a non-direct debit processing charge. You'd obviously only be subject to this if you were paying by debit or credit card so which ever of those you would be using would be used for the payment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
christmas
Aspiring Pro

Is the extra £1.50 with or without VAT?
Nick_Russell
Grafter

BT call their £4.50 per quarter charge a "processing charge" and say it is not subject to VAT.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The £1.50 includes VAT.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Nick_Russell
Grafter

I believe this is incorrect.  I don't think such a charge is subject to VAT.  BT (do you know them?????) specifically say their "processing charge" is NOT subject to VAT.  This is for exactly the same reason that you are imposing it for, so the VAT treatment should be the same.  So is BT or Plusnet correct?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I was answering on the assumption that we don't add VAT to the £1.50. You're right it could be exempt from VAT. I'll get some clarification.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

FYI the fee is not subject to VAT.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Mav
Fixes: 514

There's been a few threads relating to this charge so I thought I'd add my question here:
What happens if there is a problem with PN's Direct Debit system and you are forced to collect one or more payments using a credit card listed on the portal?
Would the fee be automatically waived, charged then refunded or would we have to request it to be credited/refunded?
Not sure if the above scenario could happen but...

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The chargers are automated so looking at that theoretical scenario it's best to assume that they would be taken. If an issue like that happens and assuming that it's been brought to our attention we would of course action any necessary refunds.
TBH I can't foresee any reason why we'd have issues claiming direct debit payments
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Apologies for the cross posting as I've posted this reply to the two threads here and here as well.
Just wanted to let people know that the non Direct Debit surcharge will now not be coming into effect for existing customers until 1st March (we originally cited 1st February). AIUI, we'll be sending revised emails out to the masses at some point this week.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵