cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move to Virgin broadband but delay cancellation of Plusnet broadband service?

Neuromancer

How to move to Virgin broadband but delay cancellation of Plusnet broadband service?

At present I have a BT phone line and Plusnet (ADSL) broadband. I want to move to Virgin for both phone and broadband services. Due to potential delays and problems with such a move, I want to keep my current Plusnet broadband service going until the new Virgin service is properly up and running. Presumably this should be physically possible because Plusnet and Virgin will use completely independent connections. However, I want to port my current phone number over from BT to Virgin. I am concerned that this port request will result in the automatic cancellation of my BT service, which Plusnet uses for my broadband connection. Plusnet state that when BT cancel the voice part of a telephone line, they also cancel the broadband part of a line automatically (PSTN cease: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/?_ga=2.38950378.877784226.1596794719-769947339.1...).

Can anyone with experience of moving from Plusnet to Virgin provide advice about my options? Many thanks.