cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel contract by email?

FIXED
ciarap

How to cancel contract by email?

I am moving abroad and need to cancel my broadband contract with Plusnet. According to https://www.plus.net/contact-us/ I need to call 0800 432 0200.

Unfortunately I am going through some health problems that do not allow me to speak. Is there an email address I could send my cancellation request to?

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: How to cancel contract by email?

Details for Customer options team are on this page https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/thinking-of-leaving/

you should be able to write to them to cancel

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Fix

Cancellation requests for cease of service (as opposed to moving to another provider) can only be made by the account holder or, in exceptional circumstances, a representative of the account holder e.g. a Power of Attorney holder.

If you wish to fully cease your broadband line (as opposed to moving to another provider) you should clearly request this contacting the Customer Options team.

A cancellation request for cease of service can be made in one of two ways:

• By calling us: The quickest and easiest way to request a cancellation for cease of service is by calling our Customer Options Team.

• By post to: Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. It is recommended that for your own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request for cease of service is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the name of the account holder, the account username, the full address of where we are providing the service as well as the telephone number which we are providing the service on.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ciarap

Thanks. I will send a letter.

Isn't it ironic that a internet service provider does not make it possible to communicate with them using the internet? Instead being forced to use centuries old technology feels retrogressive.

Ian06
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi @ciarap ,   I don't know if this is appropriate or can be done in a timely fashion but if you log into Member Centre you ca register as needing additional assistance here: extra assistance