cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Order a Paper Statement/Bill, and PlusNet website usability despair

GavinPen

How to Order a Paper Statement/Bill, and PlusNet website usability despair

Hi,
I want to obtain a one-off paper statement / bill of my account balance and most recent payments.
Straightforward to request? You've got to be kidding.
This is an insanely difficult site to use:
1. I navigated to
http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/contact_us/contact_details.shtml
I'll call this Page A. It says:
'Already a customer?
Use our Help Assistant and if the answer's already on our website it'll show you exactly where to look. Guides, tutorials, helpful links, it's all there for you.
Or use the Assistant to raise a ticket directly to our Support Team. They'll take ownership of your query and will be in touch with you once they've got your answer. So no hanging on the phone when you could be doing something more useful.'
2. So I clicked on the Help Assistant link. It took me to Page B:
https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html, which says:
'What's your question about?
Click a link and we'll show you where to find the answers on our website. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can ask our Support Team for help.'
3. I clicked the link 'Billing & Payment'
This took me to Page C:
'Billing & Payment
What's your question about? We'll direct you to a helpful page or you can contact us.'
None of these questions are relevant, and when I click on any of them, the 'Contact Us' link on the bottom of the resulting page takes me back to Page A!
Plusnet, please fix this. I've wasted half an hour of my life trying to contact you to no avail. People kill themselves over less.
And please tell me how to to obtain a one-off paper statement / bill of my account balance and most recent payments.
Gavin
6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: How to Order a Paper Statement/Bill, and PlusNet website usability despair

You can print your invoices from https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions&s=0
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

That list on Page C needs an "other" link at the bottom which goes to the Ask a Question form.
Otherwise, on Page B, ignore the Billing & Payment link and click [More] at the bottom of the Customer Services list. Click the "Other" link at the bottom of that list and you are presented with the Ask a Question entry form. Not an intuitive path though.
Nevertheless I think the answer would be that you can print off copies of your invoices from the View Transactions page in Account Details which is linked to by Jelv. There is a Printable Version button on the invoice display.
David
James
Grafter

NB: You can also get to your invoices page by going to http://www.plus.net/mybill
GavinPen

Thanks for the replies.
I was really looking for a paper statement sent to me by PlusNet as proof of address, but it turns out the electronic version will be fine
joejl

Quote from: Jameseh
NB: You can also get to your invoices page by going to http://www.plus.net/mybill

Just joined Plusnet. Noted initial post and agree - the website navigation is, on occasion, less than simple and obvious. On the invoice printing issue …I have just printed off a copy of my initial invoice….. not straight forward …..and found this exchange as result of my surprise at the process. 
My usual experience of service providers providing a bill to be printed off - including utilities - is that the "press printable copy" action gives you a printable document i.e. like an original hardcopy version - usually a PDF - as the quoted contribution suggests you will. [Or they send you an automated email.]  If I am right, (I use Firefox not I.E. as a browser) - when you click on "printable version" for a bill with Plusnet, you don’t begin an automated printing process.
Yes - a simplified web page invoice is displayed - but no automated way of printing it off is offered. You can then use "Print Screen" to get a copy to paste into another package.  The rest of the screenshot printing with the bill - or crop the image, and print the bit you want. Not user friendly. (Elsewhere the site seems to offer to at least print the webpage automatically which is better but only just - you thus always end up with  a printed screen shot just to print off some text or a page)  JL
pierre_pierre
Grafter

it very simple using Firefox,when you have the printable page on the screen, go to top menu, file, print preview, and then print  QED