cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Cancel account without spending hours on hold?

velo

How to Cancel account without spending hours on hold?

I want to cancel my account but haven't got time to spend holding on the phone till I get through simply to say I want to cancel.  Please does anyone know how I can cancel online Huh

thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: How to Cancel account without spending hours on hold?

Hi velo

Your options are to phone or send a letter (see the Requesting cease of service section of this).  The queues aren't usually very long for the COT team which is the one you are put through to when you select the leaving option on the phone.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

velo

i'm working long days so I have to ring afterwards and perhaps it's the worst time to call because twice now it's been longer than 30-40 minutes waiting and I gave up.  This waiting on hold has always been my experience when I've had problems - lots! 

Yes I realise now that I can print the letter and send it .  http://www.plus.net/support/pdf/plusnet_cancellation_form.pdf

It's very frustrating they give you all sorts of many different options on your account but initiating the cancellation process is not one of them.  

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you moving to another ISP who provides a service over the OpenReach phone line or totally dispensing with broadband/moving to cable/mobile broadband?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty in cancelling your account.

Unfortunately the only ways you can cancel would either be over the phone or in writing.

However if you're moving to a new provider at the same address then you'll just need to contact your chosen provider and they'll handle the migration.

That said, is there anything we can do to help keep you as a customer?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
velo

It is a boat mooring and we are moving off the mooring, so from broadband to mobile Wi-Fi (mifi).
velo

yes plenty but actually I just want to know how can i ring without waiting for a minimum of 30-40 minutes.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Velo, mornings are usually the best time to call customer options, I'd try calling as soon as you can after 9am if that's feasible for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team