cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Add a Call Plan without incurring "out of contract" costs

gw68

How to Add a Call Plan without incurring "out of contract" costs

I recently renewed my contract with you.  I did this using the online tools, due to the Covid outbreak making it difficult to get through on the phones.

This went through successfully, however I wanted to add a call plan at the same time, which I seemed unable to do when I was going through the renewal process.  When I now try to add this online, the tool doesn't take into account the new discounted contract price.  It quotes an "out of contract" price for everything, and gives me a new Direct Debit figure which is much higher than I should be paying. 

I have tried to call, but call waiting times are excessive due to the Covid outbreak and I do not wish to tie up the line unnecessarily when others may need urgent help.  Presumably this should be something with a very easy answer, so I would be grateful for any help.

Many thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: How to Add a Call Plan without incurring "out of contract" costs

@gw68 Welcome to the forum.  🙂

It quotes an "out of contract" price for everything, and gives me a new Direct Debit figure which is much higher than I should be paying.

This is an unfortunate "feature" of Plusnet's system, and one that is often queried on this forum.

The good news is that when the order goes through any applicable discount(s) will remain.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@gw68 

I think you will find that the on line tool totally ignores any discounts you already have for broadband etc., and so quotes prices based on the out of contract rates. However, any discounts you have will still be in place and so future bills should reflect those discounted prices.

This issue has been raised in numerous posts on these forums. It is about time that Plusnet either corrected the tool so that it takes account of discounts in place on an account or, at the very least, puts in a prominent note so that customers are aware of this issue.

Hopefully a Plusnet staffer will come along to confirm that all will be well with your discounts.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Welcome to the forums, @gw68 .

Without seeing exactly what you saw, it is difficult for another customer (me) to give a definitive answer, but I suspect you have stumbled on one of the 'quirks' of PN's system.

When you add any extras to a discounted contract, the acknowledgement fails to take discounts into account, but your next bill will show the correct price.

John
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@198kHz , @jgb  - great minds think alike.😁

John
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

I was just thinking - there's an echo in here!  🤣

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
gw68

Thanks for your speedy responses everyone, really helpful.

I guess I will push the confirm button and cross my fingers then!  🙂