cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much??

nis999

How much??

I just recently joined PlusNet from Talktalk (didn't want to move house with Talktalk as their call centre is a nightmare)
However I have been used to regular bills of £28 every month, but my first PlusNet bill of over £67 had a "call charge" of £42.14, and its not itemised. Can someone please explain why this is?
Thanks
BobH Cry
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: How much??

Hi there,
If you log in to our website and visit https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_itemised_billing, choose the dates in the dropdown for the relevant month (in this case 11/09/2013 to 10/10/2013) you should be able to click 'view details' to view an itemised list of the calls?
Hope that helps, if there's any other questions once you've checked the bill please let us know.
nis999

Hi Matt
Sorry but I still don't understand what happened. When I joined I explained that my Wife makes calls during the day, and I thought I was going on PlusNet Anytime, and your web advert says "Free activation with annual contract†", but my bill shown in Home Phone Control Panel is £39.78.  Yet in "transactions" the information is very different - INVOICE NO. 44931888: Call plan £5, PlusNet Anytime £14.50,  PlusNet Unlimited £9.99 AND Call charge £42.15, total £67 taken from my bank, and on the first INVOICE NO. 43778389 you charged £9.99 ADSL Initial subscription, so its not free activation as advertised, and so it looks like I have been charged for calls on an Anytime plan. Very, very confusing especially as the Home Phone Control Panel does not show the same info as the invoice.
It gets worse. Your web advert shows free router, yet looking at "Products and Services" under "My Account" it shows that you have CHARGED me £40 for the Fibre router TWICE. 
Please tell me that this is all a big mistake, that you shouldn't be charging for calls on an anytime contract, and you shouldn't have charged me twice for a free router.
I left Talktalk because of their awful overseas call center, but at least they never tried to overcharge me.......
BobH
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I think there's some confusion here. The 39.78 call charge is for the current month, due to be billed on the 11th November. As I said in my previous post, you need to choose the dates in the dropdown on the itemised phone bill page to be between 11th Sept and 10th Oct - if you choose those dates you'll see the call charges on there are £42.14, which is what you were billed for on the invoice you mention.
Regarding the initial ADSL subscription, this is always taken as part of the first bill. That doesn't start running until your service goes active though, so we don't charge you the second month's subscription until your service has been active for a month. You'll note there wasn't a charge on that initial invoice for the activation - your first month's phone and broadband charges and the postage charge for the router are all that's on there.
As regards the routers, it looks like two were added to your account by Chris as per http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119571.0.html - I'll ask him about those when he gets back to his desk, not sure why two are on there. However regarding the charges, as you can see from the two invoices on your account we haven't billed you for either of them - the £40 should be a deferred charge and would only be payable should you choose to leave within 12 months of receiving the hardware. As I said I'll have a word with Chris regarding those and get him to update you regarding the deferred fees.
Finally the Anytime service - as per the terms and conditions of that service any calls over 60 minutes are billed for, you can confirm this on your itemised bills. If your wife hangs up before 60 minutes have elapsed and redials you won't be charged for any of these, however that's why there are call charges on there.
Hope that explains and clears things up for you.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right, just had a word with Chris about the routers. One of these was ordered incorrectly to your old address, the other to your new one. Either way though you've not been charged £40 for either of these, and I can assure you that you won't be either.