cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much after first year?

harrym1byt
Rising Star

How much after first year?

I am presently paying Plusnet £27.98 for ADSL Broadband, line rental, including UK anytime calls + mobiles, paid monthly via DD. I am coming to the end of my first 12 months with PN (tomorrow), the cost was increased once during that time (around £1-ish). I have not been notified of any increase in the cost for my second 12 months, I am wondering if it should remain the same, or whether PN might have forgotten to advise me of a possible increase?

No issues and no complaints at all from me about the service at all, so far..

4 REPLIES 4
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: How much after first year?

If you had any discounts that come to an end after the 12 months then your monthly cost will increase but, as far as I am aware, it just doesn't increase at the end of the minimum term.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Your account summary will show you the full price.  It looks like you are currently paying £1.99 for your broadband, which will go up once your contract ends, or in some cases earlier depending on what was agreed when you signed up.  I would expect the usual £1 increase in line rental some time in 2018.

harrym1byt
Rising Star

I could not make sense of my Account Summary, so I rang them.....

My first year at £27.98 comes to an end today and they said my next months bill will be that plus £9.99 or £37.97 - way too much. In anticipation I had already looked around and found a very much better deal, which offered more for much less cost. Armed with that new deal from another company, I made clear I would consider it sensible to leave for the new offering. She asked if would be willing to be put through to Re-tensions and I agreed to speak to them.

Result - I have an even better deal than that for my first year as well as the offer from the other company, but I am now tied in with Plusnet for the next 18 months.

I also found out they don't normally send out an email to warn their customers that their reduced price contract is coming to an end, but rather they just bill them the new amount - definitely something to keep an eye on, before your contract ends. They added that they are looking at implementing a system to pre-warn their customers, before the contract end.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Happy to hear you've decided to stick with us

Let us know if there's ever anything we can help with

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet