Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to migrate FTTC?

KrisWragg
Dabbler

How long to migrate FTTC?

Hi,
I made an order to switch my phone line and FTTC to Plusnet on 27/09/2013, when I made the order it said it would take 5 - 7 working days to switch the broadband and then the phone line would be switched about 2 - 3 weeks after the broadband switch. I am just wondering what the status is of my FTTC switch as it has been saying "Checking your line" since Saturday. I am switching from BT FTTC and already have a Draytek 2750n that I use as my router/modem so I don't need any hardware or an engineer.
Thanks
Kris
6 REPLIES 6
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: How long to migrate FTTC?

Hi Kris and welcome to the forums.
I've just taken a look at your account and for reasons I'm struggling to establish, the system automation doesn't seem to have placed the migration order. I've asked for this to be done manually but it does mean waiting another week or so I'm afraid Sad
The service should be activated next Friday at some point.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

KrisWragg
Dabbler

Thanks Bob Smiley I thought something might be amiss but I thought it best to wait until the 5-7 working day period before I bugged you Smiley
KrisWragg
Dabbler

I am confused when my internet will be switched over as I have just received a message saying it will now be 18th October.
I ordered on 27th September and it said it would take 5 - 7 business days, which would be 7th October at the latest. It was then delayed until 11th October, I received a text message a few days ago saying 12th October and now I just received a text message saying 18th October.
Is there a problem with Plusnet or a problem with BT, my current provider?
KrisWragg
Dabbler

I'm not sure what the delay could be as I do not need to wait for a router as I didn't request one, and I don't need an engineer because I already have FTTC from BT which you have the MAC code for.
Also you took payment of roughly £140 for the line rental saver and first month of broadband and at this rate it will have been several weeks before activating my line.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It's still due to complete tomorrow, for some reason the 'contractual delivery date' has been sent as well as the date the order will actually go through though I'm sorry you were sent the notifications for both. I can assure you this will still go through tomorrow for you.
I should also state, while we have taken the initial payment those services don't start running until your account is actually active so the second month's broadband fee won't be charged until a month tomorrow, likewise with the line rental saver.
Hope that reassures you.
KrisWragg
Dabbler

Thanks for that Matt, it was a bit confusing Smiley