cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long left in contract

mmorris85
Grafter

How long left in contract

Hi there, I was just wondering if it's possible to find out or be told from any plusnet staff how long I have left in my contract? I've got a feeling it was around this time last year that I signed up but can't remember, will I get an email or anything saying that I've reached the end of the contract? Will the payments change etc? any help will be appreciated, thanks
5 REPLIES 5
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: How long left in contract

The info should be available in the portal->account section. The summary page can be accessed via this link directly, if you wish.
That's RPM to you!!
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

As mentioned above, if you check your Account Summary page, about half way down the list you should find an entry for your product (eg Unlimited or Essentials). If the cost column says "£0.00(upon cancellation)" and the Order Status is "Expired" you are now out of contract.
Once out of contract you would have to give the 30 days notice set out in the Terms and Conditions if you wished to migrate to another provider or cancel. The cessation charge would apply if you cancelled.
The monthly charge continues at the standard rate for the product. No email is sent.
If you have your phone with Plusnet and are happy to re-contract it could be worthwhile checking with the Customer Options/Cancellations Team on 0330 123 9197 (Monday to Friday 9.00am - 8.00pm (except Bank Holidays), Saturday 9.00am - 5.30pm) to see if they can offer you a deal you find attractive.
David
zulif

Quote from: RPMozley
The info should be available in the portal->account section. The summary page can be accessed via this link directly, if you wish.

I have the same query-the summary  page  as above  shows me the products I have and monthly charges, but not the contracted term.
How can I find this out please?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

it does give the start date and the current cancellation charge
From that you can calculate it two ways - either by adding on the length of the contract you signed up to or calculate based on the cancellation charges here https://portal.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html#broadband_family Table 1.9 or 1.10 as appropriate
zulif

Thanks Oldjim,  that's cleared it up!