cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for a refund for wrong billing?

FIXED
salmo
Rising Star

How long for a refund for wrong billing?

My bill dated 21st April showed that I was overcharged as no discounts were applied.

The discounts should have been active as shown in Question #201941381   "As discussed, I have ensured that your contract and your Line Rental Saver expire on the same date (20.05.21). I have also ensured that your current discounts continue for the entire contract as well."

I contacted PN and according to notice 510119535 it says I'm owed a credit and the refund would be added to my next bill as a gesture of goodwill. Not really a goodwill gesture as I was overcharged. To complicate matters I left PN on 18th May and as far as I am aware I owe nothing so when and how will I receive my refund? My DD is still active.

Incidentally my only reason for leaving PN is because of billing problems at the start and end of my contract.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: How long for a refund for wrong billing?

Fix

Thanks for your post @salmo 

I'm sorry to see you've decided to leave us. We'd automatically generate the final bill within 20 days following cancellation. I've prodded a colleague in our billing team though and he's manually brought forward this forward to tomorrow.

In the final bill there'll be any outstanding credits and/or termination fees. If the bill's a credit we'll refund it to your bank within 5 to 10 working days (or post a cheque if there's no active direct debit)

If we're owed money i.e. there's an unpaid bill or termination fees, we'd try to take the payment automatically if there's a payment method but we'll send an email either way to let you know.

Let us know if there are any issues once the final bill's produced tomorrow.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
salmo
Rising Star

@Gandalf Thanks for your help. Received final bill.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem @salmo

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet