cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take?

Aliquant
Grafter

How long does it take?

Just wondering how long it takes to set up the broadband. I placed the order last Saturday and the phone was working by the Monday [thank you for the super-fast service]. But since then the progress thing is just not moving from 'checking your details'. I'm wondering is there some information missing or something else that's holding things up?
Thanks  Smiley
14 REPLIES 14
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: How long does it take?

Welcome to the forum AliT. Smiley
Keep an eye on your ADSL light and when it goes green you can post here and maybe get your account activated early.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Aliquant
Grafter

Hi strat, thanks  Smiley
I haven't been sent my router/etc yet, according to the order trackier it hasn't been ordered yet. There's been nothing since last Monday when the phone line was activated.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

5 to 7 working days from the phone going live
Aliquant
Grafter

Thanks Oldjim, at least I know I understood it correctly.
Given that 7 working days will be Tuesday and today is Friday and they haven't ordered my router yet nor taken any payment... anyone got any ideas how to check everything is going to happen smoothly?
I'm currently on a PAYG dongle so it would be useful to know to be able to plan if I need to buy more credit for it or not.
mathewlisett
Grafter

im getting rather startled with the amount of people wondering when their services will be active.
the reason for my reaction is because when i was dealing with my order over the phone, the chap was very precise in his wording and explained things, but i believe it also helped that i asked when things would happen to which he explained its working days  and not every day ie + weekends.
so its starting to make me wonder if when people are doing the orders on the phone or on line if the information isn't clear enough, or indeed the people doing the sales are not giving the full and conscience information.
Now with me, i was very impressed with the guys patience with me especially since i made sure how much we were paying, when, what speed, and even though he stated clearly when things would happen i made sure i understood how we would be told which was going to be via the email service and via text, which would normally be the fact of the first saying about the order taking place, then the next stating the phone order had been sent to be dealt with, then the next stating the phone line will or should be ready by this date, then the next stating the phone line is now ready to use. and the exact method was for the broadband as well.
so this is why im kinda stunned why so many people are asking such questions .
Aliquant
Grafter

Mathewlisett, I think it's a perfectly legitimate wondering, when I've been told by plusnet that my broadband will be ready by Tuesday and they haven't even ordered nor taken payment for postage of the router yet. Unless they use a superfast courier service I can't see how ordering it on Monday and it arriving here Tuesday, not to mention all the other stages stated in my Order Tracker which haven't been touched yet other than the one that says the order has been placed.
My query wasn't "how do I find out what plusnet tell their customers" it was more like "is this a reliable time frame that they give, do people often get left waiting longer and can I reasonably expect my broadband to be ready on Tuesday given the number of steps still left to do". Given that I am unable to use a telephone to contact the lovely patient man you spoke to when setting up your account, I thought the forum was the best place to pose my query as it seems not only would I get opinions from experienced users but also maybe that one of the staff would read it and be able to check it's going OK for me.
So to answer your questions, yes they do give full information and I myself am fully aware what they told me to expect regarding completion times, however it seems in my case things seem to have stopped for some reason and I was hoping someone could shed some light as to why or if this is a common occurrence. Given your "startled" reaction to the high number of people asking the same thing I'm guessing I'm not the only one it's happened to.
mathewlisett
Grafter

well its why i said what i did, as it wasnt a personal dig at yourself mate. it was a querie as to wondering if some staff sales people or via the net dont state clearly enough whats goign to happen.
and yes it seems from the topics on the forum that its not just a one off
pierre_pierre
Grafter

they use normal post for the router, the box is small enough to go through a normal letter box, and you should get it on Monday, the day before expected activation
Aliquant
Grafter

Thanks pierre that's reassuring to know.
mathewlisett maybe this is something that needs explaining to new customers a bit more clearly then, because although I've been told 5-7 days and have access to the order tracker to supposedly keep me updated, it does appear to the uninitiated as if they activated my phone line then forgot all about me  Embarrassed
Can't wait for next week - I'm sick of this dongle! Cheesy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi AliT, I'd like to look into this but I'm having trouble finding your account.
Can you PM me your username please?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Aliquant
Grafter

Thanks Adam, PM sent  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi AliT,
The good news is that your phone service is active with us, however there's still a little time to wait for the broadband. That has been ordered today and should complete by 4/7/11.
There has been an issue with our automated system which I've just highlighted here so we will of course give you a goodwill gesture because of our mistake and for your patience in the matter.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Aliquant
Grafter

Thanks Adam for sorting it so quickly  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem. I'm dropping you a ticket on your account re the good will gesture.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team