cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to respond to a question / upgrade!

briang
Hooked

How long does it take to respond to a question / upgrade!

Have been with PN for 2 years and  I am paying £19.99 a month for FTTC 38mb which is £5 a month more than now advertised.  The Sky offer looks good with a 12 month contract at £10 a month +17.40 line rental  and I have heard good things about their service.  So on the 5th November I contacted the Customer Option Team to cancel. The adviser was very helpful and came up with an upgrade that seemed very favourable although it is a 24 month contract.  Always be happy with PN so decided to stay.  I was told that I would get an email detailing the upgrade and I had 14 days to cancel if I wanted.  Since then I have not received any details of the upgrade (this shows as being processed) and no one is answering my "Questions" from the online team. So  tell me:
Firstly,  roughly how long does an upgrade take?
Secondly, does my 14 day right to cancel only start when the upgrade is processed or is it ticking now? 
many thanks
Brian
5 REPLIES 5
briang
Hooked

Re: How long does it take to respond to a question / upgrade!

Posting on here has resulted in a very fast response from the Customer Options Team. 
Now very happy with a much better deal than any other ISP offers.
So many thanks Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Warning: You new deal is highly likely to see your upload speed decimated! (I think you were probably on 40/20 and you'll be moved to 40/2)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
briang
Hooked

Thanks for the warning, will monitor that.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear this has been sorted for you, however I just want to point out that posting this here didn't get it picked up any sooner, apologies for the delayed ticket response.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
briang
Hooked

Quote from: spoon
Warning: You new deal is highly likely to see your upload speed decimated! (I think you were probably on 40/20 and you'll be moved to 40/2)

You were right, they put me on the 40/2.  I do very little uploading of large files so it doesn't affect me that much.  No point in me getting the 80/20 package as my best download forecast is 22Mb.  The new package will save me over £300 over the 24 months so I shouldn't complain but I cannot understand why they are penny pinching with the 2MB upload cap.