Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to confirm the fibre install date

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

How long does it take to confirm the fibre install date

I selected a date with two options and looking at the ticket and despite a request for confirmation over 2 days ago there is no update
12 REPLIES 12
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: How long does it take to confirm the fibre install date

Just having a look at this Jim.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

The order has been placed again (it failed first time) but we haven't had confirmation of the date, we should know later today or tomorrow. I'll check back later on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

How long do BT usually need to firm up the date
Chris
Legend

Normally the same day the order was placed. The ticket you replied to dropped out to our team here as the initial order didn't go through correctly, so it was placed again.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

So it has only just been placed
What would have happened if I hadn't posted on here or did someone actually check my ticket reply and do something - note the order should have been placed on the 23rd June
Chris
Legend

The ticket was being picked up when I looked at your account, it dropped out for the specific reason for the order to be looked into and replaced if needed.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

So basically unless I had posted on here there wouldn't have been an order placed and I would have been in the same situation as http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,140918.0.html
This smacks of total incompetence and really screwed up systems which didn't pick up the fact that the order wasn't placed properly
I am going to be really peeved if I don't get one of the dates I requested
Chris
Legend

No, completely the opposite.
Your ticket was being worked on before I even looked at the account with the express intent of ensuring the order is place. That's precisely why the ticket dropped out to be looked at.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

after 4 days of it being opened -
22nd Engineer Appointment Required
Manual appointment booking is required following an account change.
26th I have placed the FTTC order for you and provisionally requested the following appointment slots:
This really isn't good enough
Why wasn't the manual order initiated immediately or at least within the first 24 hours
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I have just spoken to my neighbour who placed the order for fibre via COT about 1 hour after I did and provisioning have only just placed the order
So the question is
Why does it take 4 days for the contract change as agreed with COT to be converted into an actual order on BT by provisioning
This points to a really mucked up system where, apparently, COT raise a ticket for action by Provisioning which then goes into the normal queue and is finally acted on four days later
Chris
Legend

Why does it take 4 days for the contract change as agreed with COT to be converted into an actual order on BT by provisioning

Because unfortunately the first order didn't get placed, when it attempted to be placed there was an error which dropped the ticket out for manual intervention. That ticket was picked up today, yes 4 days is longer than ideal but unfortunately that's how long it took Sad
The ticket wasn't raised by COT, the order was attempted to be placed via automation but hit an error.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Both of them  Crazy
Is this because the cab had only just gone live