cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does this work- existing Pro subscription versus add on!!

DeathOfRtas
Grafter

How does this work- existing Pro subscription versus add on!!

Okay, I see that Pro has now become an add on. So Plusnet extra with Pro add-on costs £11.49 + £5 add-on for at total of £16.49. This comes with the Pro benefits and has an allowance of 60Gb, ok? I have a Pro subscription already which also costs me $16.49 a month BUT my allowance is only 20Gb? Fair or not? I think not!!!!  Sad  Cry  Angry  Angry  Angry
Come on PN, sort it out!!!!!!!!!
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: How does this work- existing Pro subscription versus add on!!

Change products then - it's in your hands
Note that in a Market 1 exchange it is £17.99 + £5
DeathOfRtas
Grafter

The fact I'm £16.49  a month should make it clear I'm in a Market 3 area. The whole point of this enquiry was that I could be paying the same as someone on extra with the £5 add-on but they get 40gb more allowance. Hardly fair. I would have thought that since price and service doesnt change there would be no issue giving all existing Pro users a 60gb allowance! Unless of course there are things you have not made obvious that the new extra+pro add-on service does not have that the existing pro service does? Apart from 60gb allowance are there any other differences between the old Pro service and new Pro service?  I'm suspicious now. If you say both services are the same then I will go ahead and make the change.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

DeathOfRats,
There's no difference apart from the bandwidth allocation, sounds like you just need to go ahead and request an account change.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DeathOfRtas
Grafter

Cool! Thats all I needed to know! Account change request going in in a few minutes  Smiley
EDIT: Maybe not!! I When i go to chnge product I only get the value and extra packages as an option, I cant see anywhere to add the Pro package! Do I have to change to the extra package then go back again and add pro?
zubel
Community Veteran

Yes.
"Pro" is now an addon to either Extra or Value.
Oxslow
Grafter

Thank you Barry Zubel came on here to ask if that was the case and you have already answered it.
DeathOfRtas
Grafter

Ok, one more question. Does the new pro package come with a 20:1 contention ratio like the old pro package?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As far as I know the old pro package didn't either but in any case it doesn't as there is no such thing as contention ratio any more.
The products which had the 20:1 rate were, I think, all business packages
citruszest
Dabbler

Similar topic so posting in this thread if that is ok?
Hi I was a Fibre Trialist who is on the old pro service with 20gb download allowance (rather than switch to more expensive fibre services the trialists could keep their existing plan).
Can I also get  the new pro to get the extra 40gb?
EDIT - QUERRY HAS BEEN RESOLVED BY CUSTOMER SUPPORT THANKYOU.    No 60gb for me Sad