cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you move to PlusNet if you are leaving Virgin Media who 'owns' your blueyonder email address?

FIXED
PC2397

How do you move to PlusNet if you are leaving Virgin Media who 'owns' your blueyonder email address?

I have a friend who wants to move to PlusNet, but of course when they begin to fill in the application they are asked for an email address; this is a blueyonder address. It therefore is 'held' by VM as they control blueyonder address.

It's impossible, as far as I can tell to complete the application/move without an email address with which to communicate?

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: How do you move to PlusNet if you are leaving Virgin Media who 'owns' your blueyonder email addr

Fix

Create a gmail or hotmail address and use that

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: How do you move to PlusNet if you are leaving Virgin Media who 'owns' your blueyonder email addr

Set up a free Gmail or Outlook account?

ETA: @MisterW types faster than me 😁

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@PC2397 

Set up a free e-mail address with Google or anyone else who supplies them.

If Virgin cancel the e-mail address upon a customer leaving then you would need a new one anyway.

Note that PlusNet no longer offer e-mail to new customers.

Brian

PC2397

Many thanks to ALL!

I thought another email account, Hotmail, Gmail etc., might be the only answer.

Thanks for the confirmation and for confirming that PlusNet no longer offers email addresses to new customers; I FORGOT TO ASK! (More haste less speed)

Regards

Quote;- “Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed in his name." (Apparently NOT Edmund BURKE, but John Stuart MILL 1867?)