cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you leave Plusnet?

Fran1234
Hooked

How do you leave Plusnet?

I phoned Plusnet in October to leave. I was told that was fine, I wasn't in contract and it was all sorted out on the phone. I then received an email saying sorry you've left, please fill in a survey. Since then I've been harassed for payment and on the chat thing was told my account was still active. When I logged in it says there's a payment due. I then googled leaving plusnet and saw that plusnet have a shocking rep over billing. What a nightmare. I just want plusnet to go away and leave me alone. I have left and have email confirmation of this.
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: How do you leave Plusnet?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from General Chat to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

One thought, did you cancel your direct debit before the final payment was taken.
I think doing that could lead to this situtation.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Fran1234
Hooked

No. I phoned on 15th October to leave, it was all sorted out. Final payment of £34.98 was paid on 28th October and then I cancelled the DD, really glad I did. I don't owe anything. I just want to be left alone now.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

What is the latest charge for - phone calls or the usual monthly charge?

Has the service ceased?

If you gave the required two weeks notice on 15th Oct, your termination date would be 28th Oct … however there could have been uncharged phone call charges to be processed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Fran1234

Sorry if there's been any confusion on our part, the bill you mentioned seems to be a subscription payment rather than a final bill for the account cancellation which still shows as a balance on the account. 

I've detailed it on the account here for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=196613678

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team