cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you access updates to questions through your online account?

FIXED
watchbatteryltd

How do you access updates to questions through your online account?

Hi, can anyone let me know how you get to the page on your online account where you can read updates to ongoing questions? I recently called Plusnet support and they told me that a record of our conversation would be saved on our account under the ongoing questions section - but I cannot find anyway to access this. Can anyone help? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: How do you access updates to questions through your online account?

Fix
watchbatteryltd

Thanks John, that was exactly what I was looking for. Is it available on the online account somewhere? That might be useful for other users.

Thanks,Claire

jab1
Legend

Glad I sorted it for you Claire. Unfortunately it isn't, or doesn't appear to be easily accessible, in the online account, but as I'm no longer a PN customer, maybe that area has been removed from my home page. I only know about it because I was a long term customer  and an active member of the Community help, so collected a number of useful links/shortcuts.

John
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@watchbatteryltd  On your Home Page (Dashboard) is there not a bell symbol (top right) and if there are any notifications there should be a small number thereon. Such notifications include responses to open questions. If you click on that it shoulfd provide a link to your open question.

Therwise try - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search    You need to be logged in.

jab1
Legend

Ah, so that's the 'new' way then, @jgb - thanks.

The link I supplied earlier gets to the same place as yours - I just used my saved link, which is titled as such in my bookmarks.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

The 🔔 icon only works if there is an OPEN ticket.

Accessing closed tickets when there is no active ticket requires the little known hidden key ... which is why there is a link to it in my signature.

<minimifidianism>The ticket system was demised many years ago under the misnomer that such is not the way (the oh so young) customers want to communicate.  If the poor wee things cannot do it on their smart phones, it is considered to be pants, no matter how useful it really is.  The other issue is that support could be easily measured of the workload back log, so in oh so typical management style, that issue is fixed by stopping users raise requests for help via the ticketing system.</minimifidianism>

The problem is that the ticket system is the back bone of the CRM where everything of interest which happens on an account is recorded.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

As @Townman says 'The problem is that the ticket system is the back bone of the CRM where everything of interest which happens on an account is recorded', and that is why there should be a readily accessible and obvious link to it in the the Members Centre, preferably up front oh the Dashboard. Otherwise we are all bookmarking our own shortcuts.