cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i check my contract length?

riemanrez
Grafter

How do i check my contract length?

I'm not sure if I'm on a 12 or 18 month contract, but I've been with Plusnet for about 15 months now I think and I want to know what it will cost me to move ISP now and whether I can save anything by waiting a bit. I started out on value but upgraded to premium, but I'm still not happy considering I'm paying £40 a month and only getting 0.3Mb/s upload.
So how can I check this stuff, or can someone tell me?
6 REPLIES 6
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Re: How do i check my contract length?

ALL PlusNet Contracts can be terminated by giving 10 days notice. If you are migrating with a MAC, there is no cancellation fee but if you are ceasing the Broadband service, there is a £25 fee.
However, if you didn't pat up-front for any items like Connection, Router, migration in etc. then if you leave within 12 months if receiving these, you have to pay for them.
Have a look in your My Account/ Account Details/ Account Summary panel. It will tell you if there are any charges outstnding.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

that is unless you are on a business account, they still do have long contracts
riemanrez
Grafter

As far as I know I signed up on 09/10/2009, and moved to premium a bit later, but according to the picture attached there is still a cancellation charge active. Would I have to pay this if I switched now with a MAC code?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

No - that charge is only made if the broadband is cancelled
riemanrez
Grafter

So I can switch now at no cost?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

riemanrez,
I've just checked your account and can see that you are actually on a 12 month contract.
if you need any more information with regards to the terms for cancellation please see this page: http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team