cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I give my notice to Plusnet.

robb5afc

How do I give my notice to Plusnet.

I have had my account review from Plusnet as I am coming to the end of my contract. I am unhappy with the deals being offered so want to give the required notice to leave. It doesn't pay to stay nowadays as all the incentives are there for new customers. So as a new customer elsewhere I could get a better deal. However after trying several times to ring Plusnet the lines are always busy and I am unable to get through. So how do I serve them with my notice to leave? I tried the support@plus.net but that doesn't accept incoming emails.

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: How do I give my notice to Plusnet.

Migrations are gaining provider lead these days which means you contact a new provider and sign up with them.

They contact Plusnet advising them of the move.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
robb5afc

Thanks for the reply. I am aware that MAC are no longer required and signing up to a new provider they will contact who you are leaving. My contract ends on the 30th September but in my account review it states "

If you decide to leave before the end of your current contract you can do so without paying any early termination fees by getting in touch with us on 0800 587 1942 and giving 14 days’ notice. Once your current contract ends you’ll need to still give us this notice and during this period charges would continue to apply.

So how do I leave without paying any charges or penalties if I can't contact Customer services at Plusnet because they are so busy?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@robb5afc 

i would earnestly advise that you let your contract run its course and leave it to your new ISP if you are to avoid issues. Just join up after the beginning of September as you pay bb and rental charges one month in advance anyway so your last contracted payment will be at the end of this month. If you must cancel then you will find the options, including snail mail here  https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'