cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the balance of my prepaid Mastercard?

captainfuzzyfac

How do I get the balance of my prepaid Mastercard?

Hi,

I've spent some of the money on the card but want to find out the balance. It doesn't seem to work in an ATM, so please let me know how I am supposed to get the balance?

And when the balance is spent, what are the options for using the card? Is it just a single use card?

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: How do I get the balance of my prepaid Mastercard?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Chat to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @captainfuzzyfac, thanks for getting in touch.

If you call the rewards team on 0800 587 1995, your remaining balance will be provided to yourself. You should be able to use the card once the available balance has been used, however it would be your responsibility to ensure there were funds available on the card to make purchases.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
captainfuzzyfac

Hi,

I would question the usefulness of a card that can't even be used in an ATM to get a balance. Calling or checking a website seem to be the only was to get a balance. Added that this is a single use piece of plastic, I would suggest that there are better was to offer incentives.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back in touch @captainfuzzyfac

We'll raise your feedback off to the relevant department surrounding how we offer incentives.

If we can help with anything else, just let us know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@captainfuzzyfac wrote:

Added that this is a single use piece of plastic, I would suggest that there are better was to offer incentives.

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums and Plusnet.

Agreed! A short life plastic card is not exactly environmentally friendly!! Ticked_off

Better ways - this has been discussed often but cash backs or payment cards persist ... out of interest would a bigger discount rather than a "cash back" gimmick have been equally attractive to you?

Is has been argued that £6.25 (or so) less per month is in effect that same as a £75 cash back, but it has been claimed that it would not be so attractive to potential customers because...

• The public cannot work out that cashback or a bigger discount are the same value
  • Cash up front is thought to be more attractive than a longer term bigger discount
  • A 'deeper' discount makes transition to full price at the end of the minimum term more painful (a larger increase)

As a new user, what do you think?

• Would a bigger discount during the initial minimum term have been equally attractive as the pre-paid Mastercard?
  • Would the consequential larger price increase (at the end of the minimum term) give rise to greater dissatisfaction (if any) regardless of that being what the agreed deal is?*

*A lot of users become irritated at the end of the minimum term, when the introductory discount ceases, even though that is the deal they signed up to.  It has been suggested that offering bigger discounts (rather than up front gimmicks) makes the price jump bigger, leading to more dissatisfaction … ignoring the fact that the net value is no different.

Thinking of cost, deeper discounts ought to be much cheaper to the supplier, as they save the administration costs of the cash back (by any other name) schemes and the consequence of process failure.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

captainfuzzyfac

The incentive played less of a role in my choice than my concern in getting a good, reliable, reasonably priced ISP. A discount would have been perfectly acceptable and probably a better choice than this MasterCard.

My main concern with all domestic service providers is the lack of any real loyalty bonus. For all services staying with one supplier generally means that they take advantage and over charge you. This is the reason that I changed to Plusnet and left Talktalk. If Plusnet wish to keep me, then they need to offer a better service and price than other providers offer as incentives. I would hope that you will put more effort into resolving this than providing incentives to new customers.

Martin
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Martin,

Interesting response. For clarity I’m a customer, one of the super users who discuss with Plusnet things which concern users, be that they way services are delivered irvthe things which go wrong.

New user incentives vs customer loyalty incentives have been discussed on a few occasions, hence the question of a new user,

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.