cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I advise Plusnet Marketing / Sales of a niche market for Plusnet services

shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

How do I advise Plusnet Marketing / Sales of a niche market for Plusnet services

Can someone tell me how to draw Plusnet's marketing / sales department's attention to a niche market which might be worth their while to investigate ?  I do not want to make it public by publishing it here for obvious reasons, but I am sure it has good potenial as a recruiting ground for many novice / first time subscribers.
4 REPLIES 4
Mark
Grafter

Re: How do I advise Plusnet Marketing / Sales of a niche market for Plusnet services

Hi Shermans.
If you would like to PM me with a telephone number on which to reach you I'll give you a ring.
Thanks for the heads up and for thinking about us Smiley
James
Grafter

Re: How do I advise Plusnet Marketing / Sales of a niche market for Plusnet services

Hello Smiley
I don't think we've seen you around here for awhile!
shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi James !
That is because I have been in Canada for two months !
And while I was there.......
Among other things, I was able to log on to Plusnet every day by cruising around looking for unsecured wireless internet connections on my laptop.  I am staggered by how easy it was and it never cost me a penny or a cent !  Nor did I get arrested for kerb crawling !
Obviously there must be risks but with a firewall on the laptop, I hope I was reasonably secure just doing email every day, each time with a different connection.  But I was astonished at how many private unsecured networks there were - even in Newfoundland, a province the size of England with a population of only half a million (absolute paradise - whales, bald headed eagles, puffins and landscape like Southern Ireland).
In the UK, I live in the sticks and may be a bit naive (paranoid ?), but is it usual to be able to log on to someone else's unsecured wireless internet so easily here in the UK ?  I have never tried it.
Mark
Grafter

Hi shermans.
Glad to see you back following your travels. Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated. Smiley I'll be intouch very soon.
As for unsecured wireless networks, unfortunately there are far too many of them, both business and residential and it just amazes me that so many people have no understanding of the need to secure wireless networks.