cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you raise price £1 when I signed up 7 months ago for fixed rate for 18 months?

FIXED
snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

How can you raise price £1 when I signed up 7 months ago for fixed rate for 18 months?

I was under the impression that once you signed up with an ISP, that the price was fixed for the length of that contract and only after that can they raise it while you stay?

£23 for 18 months is not £23 for 7 months and £24 for 11 Months is it?

4 REPLIES 4
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: How can you raise price £1 when I signed up 7 months ago for fixed rate for 18 months?

Fix

Plusnet (and pretty much every other ISP) have it in their T&Cs that they can, and they pretty much all do increase there prices at some point.  There are a couple of caveats with it in that they need to give you 30 days notice and  allow you to leave without penalty within if you are leaving within that period.  I believe you could still be required to pay the cease charge (£30) if you cancel your service totally (ie no longer have a phone line), or if you migrate to LLU providers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: How can you raise price £1 when I signed up 7 months ago for fixed rate for 18 months?

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the recent price refresh comms.

Because we're increasing our prices whilst you're still within your contract, we'll allow you to leave penalty free if you're affected by this. All we ask is that you contact our Customer Options Team to let us know you're leaving.

They can be reached on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting Option 1 then Option 2). And, I'm sure we'll be able to offer you with the best deal we possibly can, if you would like to remain with Plusnet.

At the time of writing this, there is no wait time to get through to them and they are here until 8pm.

(Note that you may still need to pay a cessation fee if you do decide to leave. This is based on how the service is migrated and on the equipment your new provider uses at the exchange)

Let us know if you have any further questions.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

@pjmarsh thanks for your reply

Then surely advertising £23 for 18 months before increase to full price is mis-leading, its the first time in 12 years of using an ISP that they have put the price up inside the first 12/18 months of the contract...? Ive had them put up a few times (SKY/o2) , but as I say never in the "first period" of the contract

I wont be leaving, just think its a bit cheeky doing it to people who just recently signed up thats all

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Since the price rise was announced it has also been shown on the Sales Pages as well.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.