Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I upgrade with out line rental?

Harold1066
Grafter

How can I upgrade with out line rental?

Hi

Just trying to find out my upgrade options. I was offerred 3 options - one was to stay on ADSL and add line rental which would increase what I pay by 140%! The other two options were to upgade to Fibre offerring a discount for an initial period but again included line rental. As I understand it the range of additional phone services offerred by Plusnet do not include everything I get from BT so I wish to stay with BT for phone services.

I was not offerred a Broadband only option. I am sure I saw this on the website when I last looked but this seems to have disappeared. Have plusnet stopped offerring this?

Harold

6 REPLIES 6
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: How can I upgrade with out line rental?

@Harold1066  PlusNet stopped offering Broadband only products around December last year, so any new contracts must now include line rental. Existing customers can stay on Broadband only but will be paying full out of contract prices when any discounts stop..

Harold1066
Grafter

Thanks.

Oh dear - since Plusnet don't seem to be able to provide all the "star" service which I get from BT then I am snookered. Don't really want to switch to BT since all my email addresses are plusnet ones.

I am out of contract with my ADSL - but it would cost more to enter into a contract since I would have to take line rental.

I suppose I will just have to wait until plusnet offer broadband only again.

Harold

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Harold1066 I don't think they will ever offer it again so you may have a long wait.🙂

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

You can downgrade your PN account to email only, or get a free email address from Google / Microsoft etc. And start transferring your email over.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Harold1066
Grafter

Thanks for your comments. I have a couple of domain names and forward my emails to various plusnet accounts. Unfortunately some people/firms who I wish to keep in touch with are using my plusnet addresses.

I don't want to leave plusnet - but there seem to be things missing from their phone offering.

I wouldn't want to use a free email account. One of which [which I won't name] was described as being as insecure as leaving all your valuables in your car with the doors unlocked and the keys in the ignition.