cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I give notice of my intention to leave due to the price increase without phoning?

itd

How can I give notice of my intention to leave due to the price increase without phoning?

HI,

The phone wait time is too long for me, I don't have time away from work to make the call, can it be done online?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Re: How can I give notice of my intention to leave due to the price increase without phoning?

I am sorry that the phone lines have been busy but phoning is the only way to cancel, can I ask is it just the price that has brought you to this decision , perhaps there is a better package that could be more cost effective for you, either way, In order to close the account or discuss your package options you would need to give our Customer Options department a call on 0800 432 0200 or 0845 140 6002. They are open between 8am - 8pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 7pm Sat and 9am - 6pm Sun and they are not busy all the time, Now you have 14 days from receipt of the Email to call - Tony

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Strike-out at the request of a member of staff.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: How can I give notice of my intention to leave due to the price increase without phoning?

From https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/#standardTerms

19.2. Communicating with us: If you wish to give us notice, you must do so by either:

19.2.1. phoning our customer service team; or

19.2.2. writing to Plusnet Plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@TonyMC

Please read my post re your legal T&C's and consider amending you post accordingly as to how to serve notice

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I apologise for my colleague's response.

If you would like to call us to cancel, I'd advise getting in touch with us on 0800 013 2632 Selecting Option 1 then Option 2 within 30 days of the price refresh email.

You will be routed directly to the Customer Options Team where there is usually very little wait time. At the time of writing this, there's no call queue for this department.

Opening Times:
08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday
09:00 - 19:00 Saturday
09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

You can also cancel in writing to us by post as advised by SpendLessTime.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gandalf wrote:

If you would like to call us to cancel...

You can also cancel in writing...

@itd

Assuming you are intending moving to another supplier, I would strongly advise that you do NOT inform Plusnet that you are 'cancelling' your account. If you do this, it could cause serious delays in arranging service with another supplier. You should simply inform Plusnet (by phone or in writing) that you are intending to move to another supplier because of the price rise, and that they will hear from your chosen new supplier in due course.

itd

Thanks, I'm well aware of that I asked "How can I give notice of my intention to leave due to the price increase without phoning?"  I never said I wanted to cancel.  

The response illustrates how careful you have to be.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The response illustrates how careful you have to be.

It does indeed! Glad you are aware of what to do - I just wanted to make sure (and hopefully reinforce the message for any others reading.)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I appreciate the hesitance to contact us if you would like to leave us. In this case, you'd need to advise us of the intention to leave, and the quickest way to do that is over the phone (writing to us by post may just delay things).

Appreciate that in the past it's been known that by contacting a provider with intention to cancel, can trigger a cease on the line, resulting in a delay in the takeover of the service.

But if you advise the agent you would like to move your service to a new service provider instead of cancelling outright, this should be fine and to be honest I'll be surprised if a cease is placed.

If the service is requested to be cancelled outright, we should request the cessation charge of £30 to be taken before processing any cease.

Please note a cessation charge may still be applicable after the service has transferred away, more information can be found here: https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/charges-for-removing-broadband/

Having said this, mind if I ask why you're leaving and if there's anything I can do to help you stay?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet