cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I cancel my broadband ?

FIXED
midlandangel

How Do I cancel my broadband ?

I switched from Sky last year, had a lot of trouble as I moved to Plusnet and have had extraordinarily slow broadband since it was installed, it also keeps going off and I am constantly having to reset the router, it's not wi fi as I am wired straight into the router. I did a BT speed check this morning and was quite surprised to see my speed was only at 23.87 yet Plusnet are supposed to guarantee a minimum of 30.9 ( and Plusnet are stating they are running at 29.8 ). I want to switch to another provider, don't want to talk on the telephone, just would like to find out how I can cancel.

Thank you

A dissatisfied customer

6 REPLIES 6
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: How Do I cancel my broadband ?

If you aren't willing to talk to an adviser then how can Plusnet remedy your problem? Have you even reported it? What steps have you taken to investigate it? If it turns out to be your line, then you'll encounter the same problem whoever your ISP.

However you can cancel quite easily, just sign up with a new provider who will take over your BB, you don't have to notify Plusnet, the process is automatic. You will of course be liable for early cancellation charges for breaking your PN contract, and if you have paid line rental in advance you will lose that too. Do NOT cancel your direct debit as this will cause complications.

It might be easier to post here with an outline of steps you have taken and router stats if you have them. Otherwise say so, there are well informed people around here who are very willing to help.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@midlandangel 

There are only two ways to cancel. The first is to call the Customer Options Team  (0800 013 2632) and the second is by post. This link to a form (that you do not have to use) includes the postal address - https://www.plus.net/support/pdf/plusnet_cancellation_form.pdf

If you are still in contract you will incur early cancellation fees unless you can convince Plusnet that the speed provided is below the minimum guaranteed speed and so you should be allowed to leave penalty free. 

Possibly a staffer will pick up your post here and start discussions with you.

Edit: As @Longliner says if you are moving to another provider you do not cancel with Plusnet as the new provider will take care of things but that still leaves the issue of termination fees.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Fix

Simple - you just pick your new supplier and ask them to accept you as a customer -as the system is Gaining Provider Lead, that's it.

Bear in mind though, if you are still in contract, there will be termination fees to be paid.

Have you raised this as a fault, because they only way you will, possibly, avoid these fees is if you have given PN chance to resolve the problem and they have agreed in writing that they can't?

John
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Accounts / Billing.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
midlandangel

Hi guys.  at the moment I am partially deaf due to severe tinnitus, I cant hear on the phone, this is the only reason I need another way to contact them. I can't find an alternative on any of the help pages, I didn't want to write as it takes too long and the live chat is down. Thank you all for replying. I'll use a new service and have them cancel.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

OK, @midlandangel , but it would be nice to know the answer to my last question, because all three of us asked it?

John