Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move to a new build house.

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

House move to a new build house.

Hi there,
As new houses are built there has to be time for the addresses to come on to the address database.  I am going to use the Plusnet house move and you have to call PN to arrange it.  As the house is nearly complete I am moving in may and moving to the following address (My house number is known but not including for privacy purposes)
Havannah Drive
Wideopen
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE13 6 (Rest of the postcode is not known)
I want to know, if I provide the exact address will PN be able to find my house and install my Fibre broadband with talk service? I am also checking with Sky as I have Sky TV.
Any ideas appreciated!!
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
25 REPLIES 25
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: House move to a new build house.

Hey JamieDanjoux,
That's not a problem at all - If the address doesn't exist in  BT Wholesale/Openreach's database, we simply add the address onto the order and it'd go out for a line surveyor visit to work out where they'd install the line to/from.
Most new builds these days would have this already done during the early building stages, but I could be wrong.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Matt
itsme
Grafter

Could be NE13 6LD as this postcode only cover 3 houses 38, 39 and 40
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If it's a new build it won't be on the database yet, so unless it's immediately beside those three house it's unlikely to be that postcode when it gets allocated.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
itsme
Grafter

Good chance that 38, 39 and 40 are completed show houses and 1 to 37 will have the same postcode
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

http://www.bellway.co.uk/new-homes/north-east/five-mile-park
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

If you google searched NE13 6LD its just beside sandy lane. I have no clue why Bellway PLC have put some random post code on.  Look here  Ignore 'Havannah Crescent' thats nearby thats a different street.
The development is beside lockey park on NE13 6LH In the big greenland beside it, with a little road in it. (if you look at in Map not satellite)
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Mattz0r
Hey JamieDanjoux,
That's not a problem at all - If the address doesn't exist in  BT Wholesale/Openreach's database, we simply add the address onto the order and it'd go out for a line surveyor visit to work out where they'd install the line to/from.
Most new builds these days would have this already done during the early building stages, but I could be wrong.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Matt

Line is already installed, checked with Sales advisor. They also said I can choose from a list of numbers for my landline (A BT sheet), Can someone point out what this is, perhaps it the telephone numbers I could have?
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

A friend of mine has moved to a persimmon house in The covers (Wallsend) and she suggested that I should move to BT infinity, She also had been on Plusnet Fibre unlimited at her new address but she cancelled contract and moved to BT infinity. She said to me that her speed was faster and more reliable. I have been thinking about this but would wait til contract has ended.  Another bug, when you do the house move, are you tied into a contract?
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: JamieDanjoux
If you google searched NE13 6LD its just beside sandy lane. I have no clue why Bellway PLC have put some random post code on. 

Not a random Postcode but come from the royal Mail database http://www.royalmail.com/postcode-finder
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

So I assume Google Maps is wrong!
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I went onto the PN and BT website and both said that Fibre isn't available in my exchange. But it is according to SamKnows.com. And is accepting orders. I am aware that there is NO BT cabs or lines installed. But will be installed soon.
I am slightly worried as I might move in around 20th may unless the buyers want to go for a later date. So I am worried that my house will not have a line and just be able to get standard ADSL broadband.
Can anyone suggest a website to find out when my street or estate gets a fibre cab?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You could try Openreach's Where and When site for the status of your exchange. For enquiries about individual cabinets they have provided an email address in the last but one FAQ question.
You need to give a phone number (if you have one) or address and postcode. It takes about 10 days to get a reply.
David
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

My house will be served by cabinet 1 and I can get fibre multicast ( presumably fibre bb)
Should I make a switch to BT?
Also am I tied into a contract when I use the PN house move?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

12 month tie in