cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move - overlapping dates

HuddersfieldNic

House move - overlapping dates

Hi.
I hope to be moving house soon and, if so, there will be a couple of months during which I will be shuttling between the two properties and so I would like to start the new service before closing the old one. Would that present any problems?
Service at current address - landline = BT, broadband = Plusnet
New address currently has phone and broadband from Sky
I would like to buy both landline and broadband from Plusnet at the new address.
Kind regards,
Nick
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: House move - overlapping dates

Hi Nick,
Your best bet to arrange this would be to call up - 08004320200 and choose the option for moving house, we'll be able to get that all arranged for you. Not sure if we'll be able to migrate the existing sky service (assuming you're able to get a MAC for it anyway, if it's in the name of the previous owner possibly not) but either way our support team will be able to get this sorted for you.
Thanks very much indeed, hope that helps Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Plusnet will have to pay BTw for the broadband connection on both lines for the couple of months so I'm surprised it's a simple as Matt said. Normally on a home move the broadband and phone goes dead at the old property before it goes live at the new.
In any case, if you are on a fixed IP you won't be able to have both connected at the same time because it totally messes up routing. Plusnet may choose to use that feature to ensure that during the overlap you are only using one or the other.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HuddersfieldNic

I'm not on or concerned about a fixed IP so that doesn't matter.  I'm looking at this as two separate transactions and realise that I'll be paying for two separate services for a period of time. I'd like to use the same account name at the new address, if that is possible without being extraordinarily complicated either for me or for Plusnet (which is why I'm asking the question) but it's not a matter of life or death if I can't.
Nick
dick:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Nick,
We wouldn't be able to provide the service at two properties from one account, you'd either be best keeping you Plusnet connection at you current property until you no longer require it and then arrange to move it to your new property.
The other scenario would be to sign a new account up for your new address and then arrange cancellation from your old address when required, although this could involve some additional fees.
HuddersfieldNic

That may end up being the most practical thing to do.
Thanks for that,
Nick