Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move - new build

chri55chofield
Hooked
Fixes: 1

House move - new build

Hi

Moving house in a few weeks and want to take plusnet with me.

i Thought it was free when taking out a new contract, but when I called the moving team last night, it turns out they are trying to up my contract to cover the cost of the engineer activating the line......how is that free?

surely if you move people for free if they take a new contract, then I should be paying the same as I am now!?

5 REPLIES 5
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: House move - new build

@chri55chofield 

According to this link 

We'll even do it at no extra cost if you take out a new contract.

This link say's

Staying on your existing contract may incur a home move charge. You can see how much that would cost by checking out our Price Guide 

The price guide say's £65

So from that it depends on what contact you are on, and indeed you may need to take out a "new" contract, or extend your current contract.

Or: Pay £65 IF that's cheaper. 

Kind Regards,

CJT
chri55chofield
Hooked

I've got no issue taking out a new contract, it's the fact the guy on the phone says that my new contract is £8pm higher than my current... Which is the standard fibre extra.... And when I questioned it, he basically said it covers the engineer callout!? Doesn't sound very free.....
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Hi @chri55chofield 

Did you choose the COT (ie thinking of leaving)? Anyway you should try again.

Dave

Owain_2
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

If it's a new build the line may not have been made live yet, even if there is wiring in the building, and there will be a new line fee, even if Plusnet let you move your current contract without charge. This covers providing a new line back to the exchange.

A new line fee would be charged by most other ISPs too, although some will absorb it to some extent. The Openreach standard charge is £140.

https://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/broadband/help/new-phone-line-installation-guide

(may not be completely up to date)

chri55chofield
Hooked

All sorted....thanks for the replies all