cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move gone badly wrong after 2 weeks

Seneca
Dabbler

House move gone badly wrong after 2 weeks

I had Plusnet work brilliantly at my old house for a couple of years. Our house move a fortnight ago went smoothly; the open reach engineer installed a phone socket and the internet worked great.
Until today, when it suddenly stopped working. I spent 90 minutes on the phone, and spoke to five different people, and it seems that the conclusion is that someone forgot to mark the house move as complete, which meant our services were cut off, so the only solution was to set up a completely new account from scratch.
But having done that, I’m now told we still won’t have any internet until openreach acknowledge the order and schedule a visit (which apparently couldn’t be scheduled today).
Can anyone advise if this is really true? Is it really possible that we had working internet this morning but now have to wait several days before even finding out when we’ll get working internet again even though there’s no fault with the line?
Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: House move gone badly wrong after 2 weeks

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there @Seneca, I'm really sorry for the issues with your account so soon after moving. I know from first hand experience moving house can be incredibly stressful so I'm sure additional problems are the last thing you need. 

I've checked your account and can see that Faisal on our customer advocates team is looking after the issue now, he's one of our most experienced at dealing with such issues so he'll make sure we get this tied up as quickly as possible for you. Here's a direct link to all the updates on your account: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=226697449

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Seneca
Dabbler

We're now on our fourth day without internet and still haven't heard anything either about my old account (username is my surname) or the new one that they made me set up on Saturday (username is my surname with 1 at the end).

We've had to buy and set up an expensive 4G router in the meantime because working from home internet is a necessity. But this is also quite slow internet!

Can anyone help me with how to progress this with Plusnet?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm wondering if it's the right account as the surname that shows on your profile isn't finding anything (with or without a 1 on the end). Could you send me a private message with the username please? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Scott9990
Hooked
Fixes: 1

I've not moved from my parents in to my own house yet but am due to move in to my new address from next week. Problem is at the moment is that my router is being shipped to the address (which is currently vacant) and Plusnet today texted to say my order was delayed without any explaination.

I understand that they may delay this, but at least say when! Plus trying to get through on the phone 4 times over the past day or so, I could wait 40 minutes and still not get through. And thankfully after signing up yesterday, I finally can post this.

Could one of the team help redirect the router shipment and elaborate on the delay please? I also will be working from this address when I move in and it is essential to get online A.S.A.P.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Scott9990  Why have you posted here, hijacking someone's thread? It doesn't help. It would be much better to post in your own thread.

Scott9990
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Eh? That wasn't my intention. I sympathise with the OP fully, and rather than posting a potential duplicate thread - wouldn't it not help adding to an existing thread for more context on the issues others are having?
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Scott9990  No it wouldn't help at all, because the OP's problem is in no way related to your query.  In the OP's case their service was discontinued because the house move was not marked as complete so a Plusnet or supplier error.