Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move confusion

tinacornes
Dabbler

House move confusion

Hi
Firstly, I seem to have two identical open support tickets, both started by support staff:
Numbers of which are 119750122 + 119749918
I telephoned February 10th to move account to new address. I was told that my service would stop on the morning of February 22nd and restart in the evening at the new house.
This was confirmed in the two support tickets.
Then suddenly today, a week later. I receive the messages below. Both duplicated in the two support tickets.
"Dear Ms ******,
Thank you for your patience. I am so sorry that your previous orders have rejected due to an issue.
I have now replaced the order to start the stopped line in the property. This is due to start on the 22/2/16. We will then place the order for your fibre as the line needs to be started before I can place the order. Sorry about this.
Phone ref - OR0000005635948"
"Dear Ms ******,
This Question is now on hold until Monday 22nd February at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]"
Could somebody explain what is actually happening? I'd be very grateful. Thank you>
Tina
dick:csa
8 REPLIES 8
tinacornes
Dabbler

Re: House move confusion

No answer from the support staff?
Please could somebody advise me as to what is actually happening with my switchover?
Thank you
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You could try chat. They should be here until 10pm. Forum staff finish at 7:30pm
David
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. I am sorry for the confusion. I'll be happy to take a quick look at it tomorrow for you.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I think it means you will a week or more with no broadband. You'd might do better to go with ADSL initially and then immediately you are in order the FTTC upgrade.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I've looked into the orders and your phone line is committed to cease on the 22nd February and restart in your new property on the same day. Once this has been completed, our provisioning team will place your fibre order with our suppliers. Fibre installations can take around 10 working days to complete depending on engineer resource in your area. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
tinacornes
Dabbler

Thank you for looking into this for me Anoush.
I really appreciate it.
Kind regards
Tina
tinacornes
Dabbler

Anoush
Is there any way that I can take 'sppon whittlers's" adice?
Would it be possible to have 'normal' broadband and then switch?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Yep, it's possible. Once the line is restarted, our provisioning team would be able to place an ADSL order, which usually takes 4 working days. Once this has completed, they would then be able to place a Modify order to upgrade the service to FTTC. If you call 0800 432 0200, they are open until 9PM this evening.