cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move and referrals

Royza

House move and referrals

Hi there
I'm about to make a referral to someone but also I'm moving house in three weeks myself and plan to take the PlusNet broadband with me. Basically, do referrals on an account continue if you move house or does it start again as a brand new account?
Thanks
Royza
5 REPLIES 5
Mark
Grafter

Re: House move and referrals

Hi there and welcome to the forum.
If you move house your account remains as is, including any referrals. All that changes is the premises which are supplied.
Thanks for referring and if there is anything we can do to help dont hesitate to post and we'll do our level best to get you sorted. Smiley

Royza

Thanks for that Mark - I'll give you a ring as its prob best sorted that way. I must say I am very very cheesed off with BT as the house I'm moving into has a "ceased" phone line despite being active three months ago! Apparently this means I have to pay £125 to them or £105 to you for connection. I am not a happy bunny.
Apparently this situation has only been allowed in the last six months and I'm sure plenty more people are being stung by it. Is there anything Plusnet can do for me on this??
James
Grafter

Hi Royza,
There's not really anything that we can do to avoid the charge - the £105 is what BT charge us to turn on your telephone line.  I would definitely suggest digging deeper though.  If it is merely a stopped telephone line then there should only be a minimal charge (or none with BT).  If the line has merely been stopped, then there should be no charge - it's just a case of flipping a switch.  however, if the line has been unbundled or something similar, then engineer work is required and the £125 charge is raised.
Royza

Hi and thanks for the very quick reply!
So far I've been on to BT three times and OFCOM once (who were hopeless) but BT tell me its a "ceased" line. That means that some bod at the now separate Openreach tells them that they will charge for reconnection, although BT have no idea why. It might be "just something at the exchange". Isn't it crazy that a line active three months ago with a previous tenant has been disconnected completely?
Personally I think this one is just more money making - good mind to go to Watchdog with it next. I know its not your fault though guys but I am angry  Angry
Mark
Grafter

Hi Roy.
I've sent you a personal message.
If you get back to me via that I might be able to do some digging.