cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move (again)

Mav
Fixes: 514

House move (again)

We're going to be looking at a property next week and, if all goes well, could be moving late May.
Currently got a good discount on the old Unlimited which suits my needs and am happy with.
Now in a Market 1 area and the new property is in Market 2. Both are ADSL2+ enabled.
What costs can I currently expect to incur in a house move. Could any of these costs be deferred by taking a new contract?
Can I keep all my current discounts and webspace, etc?
Would I be better off moving to the new Unlimited?
Just need to know what extra costs I may have to factor in for the move.
Thanks.
Edit: We have both BB and phone with PN.
Edit 2: A bit more research and I can see that, even moving to a Market 2 area, I would still be better off with the old Unlimited package + Talk Anytime + Caller Display!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

10 REPLIES 10
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: House move (again)

If it will be more than 12 months since your last house move it will be free provided you stay for a year.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I would check your numbers again
According to this http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/plusnet_unlimited_archive.shtml you would be a lot better off on the new product with a 12 month tie in
However the question is - how much if any of your current discount would stay with you after the move
Mav

@jelv That's what I thought - last move was 29 months ago Smiley
Bear in mind that I left in in Feb 2012 and returned in November 2012. Not sure if that has any effect on things Undecided
@oldjim I currently pay £24.50 all in. From what I can see the new Unlimited would be £9.99 + line rental =£23.98 add to that £4 Talk Anytime and £0.99 Caller display and I would be paying £4.47 more.
I was hoping that a member of the team would confirm that if I stayed on my current package the house move would not affect my discounts.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is a good deal - £25.47 if you pay 12 months line rental in advance - isn't as good
Mav

And, unfortunately, I'm not in a position to pay line rental in advance Sad

Mav

Sorry to bump this thread but...
Quote from: Mav
I was hoping that a member of the team would confirm that if I stayed on my current package the house move would not affect my discounts.

Also, I would like to know, at this stage in my contract, what other costs could I be looking at regarding any move.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Providing you're staying on the same product then your discounts will still apply.
Mav

Thanks for confirming that, chris.
Just one more thing; would I still be eligible for a deferred House move charge if I commit to a new annual contract?

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mav,
The deferred house move is in itself a 12 month contract Smiley As you don't have one on your account already you'd be fine to go for another, and it won't affect your account type or anything else on our side of things.
Hope that's the info you were after?
Mav

Thanks Matt, that's great news.
The recent properties we've viewed haven't been suitable and, as there is no rush to move, we will continue to look for what we want.