Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move

chrish16
Grafter

House Move

Hi
I've got a house move order in place for phone and FTTC to be done 24th July 2014.  We are able to move in earlier now, so would like to bring forward to 11th July 2014.  Its possible to bring it forward, but at the risk of getting a later date than original (24th) due to having to cancel the home move order first and then rebooking.
Is it possible for someone to look into the available appointments first to give an idea of availability, to see if its a couple of weeks wait or 2 months.
Regards
5 REPLIES 5
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: House Move

Hi chrish16,
Our house move team should be able to get that changed for you if there are any available slots for engineers in your area at an earlier date.
You can contact them direct on 0800 013 2632 and select the house move option from the menu.

Thanks,
chrish16
Grafter

Hi
Sorry I should of said I've spoken to them, and they said they can cancel and rebook for an earlier date but depending on availability it may get a slot later in the month than the 24th so I will be worse off.  Is there anyway of checking rough Oenreach availability/appointments before I phone the home move team again to try and get an earlier date?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again chrish16,
I think I'm following now, sorry for the confusion  Tongue
Unfortunately there wouldn't be another way to check this as we would have to cancel the current order before we can place a new on and check the availability. Granted this isn't an ideal solution but this is all we have to check for alternate dates and times.
Let us know if there is anything more we can help with.
chrish16
Grafter

Ok, thats cool if thats all thats available.
From experience would you say on average I would get an earlier date than 24th if I rebook today for a FTTC order to just provision it, it needs to be an afternoon appointment as the line needs the automatic provision on the morning.  I would of thought I would get a date earlier than 3 weeks.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi chrish16,
It would be a tough one to call as I wouldn't want to influence you into cancelling the order only to find that there is nothing available sooner  Undecided
In practice there should be something available earlier as we normally see dates around 2 weeks being freely available but this soon tails off the further back through the dates you go. In addition to this you can find that availability differ dramatically between areas at times so this would be something else to factor in.