cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotel California - Mac Request

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hotel California - Mac Request

I called the Cancellations 0845 140 6002  line a few minutes ago to ask for a MAC and after going through the Options Menus, got the message that the Call queue was IN EXCESS OF 20 minutes. Considering that this is an 0845 number for which my Telephony provider charges me 9p + VAT per minute, I consider this unreasonable.
To avoid firther costs i debating my reasons for wanting the MAC and incurring more cost, I will give my reasons here:
1) My Telephony Provider (Primus who has been taken over by New Call Telecom) has recently increased the cost of Caller Display to £2-50 per month and has imposed a Call Connection charge of 9p for the first minute on all calls. They ddn't advise me of the changes in advance.
2) TalkTalk have recently installed LLU equipment in my exchange and are offering Rental + Evening & Weekend Calls + Broadband for £12.01 + £6-99 = £19 per month with the option of Free daytime calls for £4.  My current comparable costs are £13 (Rental and E&W Calls) + £14-99 (4GB Included)for Broadband. I am in a Market 1 area.
3) I am aware of the FUD surrounding TT and have been watching the TT Forun where OCE's offer assistance to those frustrated by their Call Centre.
4) I don't want PlusNet's Phone service as it has the same Call Connection rip-off that I am trying to escape.
5) I am delighted with PlusNet's service and especially the constructive assistance provided by Jojo and the team on the Forum. That is NOT the reason that I am wanting to move. I am also aware of the deterioration in the quality of Call-centre support to TT depths!
Please could someone provide me with a MAC without me having to hold for an inordinate and expensive time on the Cancellations line.
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Hotel California - Mac Request

Hi Wheel_nut,
Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving I'll try my best to answer all of these points for you.

1) My Telephony Provider (Primus who has been taken over by New Call Telecom) has recently increased the cost of Caller Display to £2-50 per month and has imposed a Call Connection charge of 9p for the first minute on all calls. They ddn't advise me of the changes in advance.

Our charge for that feature is much lower at 99 pence per month.
2) TalkTalk have recently installed LLU equipment in my exchange and are offering Rental + Evening & Weekend Calls + Broadband for £12.01 + £6-99 = £19 per month with the option of Free daytime calls for £4.  My current comparable costs are £13 (Rental and E&W Calls) + £14-99 (4GB Included)for Broadband. I am in a Market 1 area.

We're still committed to provide the cheapest standalone prices for broadband. I would also urge you to search these forums for other customers experiences of Talk Talk that have moved to us
3) I am aware of the FUD surrounding TT and have been watching the TT Forun where OCE's offer assistance to those frustrated by their Call Centre.

We do our best to offer support via our forums too and you'll see that we have a number of the most experienced members of staff who post on this site.
4) I don't want PlusNet's Phone service as it has the same Call Connection rip-off that I am trying to escape.

I can understand what you are saying but would ask you to bear in mind that the vast majority of telcos do this now. Bear in mind that if you are using the service to make such a number of calls as to become a problem for you, you could consider using an any time package with us which would avoid this.
5) I am delighted with PlusNet's service and especially the constructive assistance provided by Jojo and the team on the Forum. That is NOT the reason that I am wanting to move. I am also aware of the deterioration in the quality of Call-centre support to TT depths!

Please tell us what the reason is that you are wanting to move.
Please could someone provide me with a MAC without me having to hold for an inordinate and expensive time on the Cancellations line.

I'm sorry but we really are unable to do that, all cancellation requests either need to come in writing or via a call to our customer options team.
Please call again or write to us if you have made up your mind, otherwise we'd be happy to discuss with you on here why you want to leave. If its anything we can help with we will do our utmost for you as we don't want to see you go or indeed stand in your way if you are absolutely convinced that we're not the ISP for you.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Adam and thank you for your prompt response.
The reasons for leaving are in points 1,2,3 and 4 of my post,. For further clarification, I stated in point 5 that it is NOT any dis-satisfaction with the Support Team that is causing my need to move.
Yes, you can help me by issuing my MAC. I am disgusted at PlusNets circuitous processes which throw unnecessary banana skins in th path of anybody requiring a MAC. Not even the dreaded TT make it this difficult.
Whereas I was undecided before, I am now determined to leave, even if you succeed in delayin my departure by a few days.
Robin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Wheel_nut,
I'm not able to issue you with a MAC as only our customer options team are able to do so. With regards to that I need to draw your attention to our last response on ticket 36561092.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wheel_nut
Grafter

See my reply in this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,90197.0.html
Since you refuse to accept my request for my MAC either here or by Ticket, there is little point in wasting my time and effort here.
Would PlusNet like me to fill out a Cust Sat Survey on this issue?
R
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We will do Wheel_nut, as feedback is what helps us understand our customer's needs.
The best thing we can recommend that you do right now is send us a letter if you are not happy calling us about this matter.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mickyd
Grafter

Sorry to poke my nose in here but here's my feedback.
If I should start a new thread for this please advise. But
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi Wheel_nut,
I'm not able to issue you with a MAC as only our customer options team are able to do so.

I would like to know and I'm sure Wheel_nut would:
Why are your customer options team the only ones able to issue a MAC?
And more to the point. Why are you not able to issue a MAC?
I really would appreciate an answer as I have been annoyed about this for sometime.
As long as the answer is not along the lines of ...  'It's company policy'
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Mickyd,
Feel free to poke your nose into this thread. This is an outrageous policy and the policy makers at PlusNet need a good boot in the backside for treating us with such contempt.
Use your steel toed boots and stick a horseshoe in your glove.  Angry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I would like to know and I'm sure Wheel_nut would:
Why are your customer options team the only ones able to issue a MAC?
And more to the point. Why are you not able to issue a MAC?

Its our terms and conditions and part of our working practices that all cancellation are driven via the customer options team.
In answer to your second question this is a public forum so we cannot issue sensetive information like MAC keys on here, apart from that I am not part of the customer options team, this means I  do not have access to the releveant systems to produce that type of information.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team