Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home move - minimum time from order

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Home move - minimum time from order

We will be moving next month and will have a 2-3 week overlap between having the keys to the new house and handing back the keys for the old house. One option with the telephone might be to activate the telephone at the new house a bit before we move. If we did that, what would be the minimum lead time on an order to move the broadband to a BT line already activated in my name?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
2 REPLIES 2
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Home move - minimum time from order

Hi jelv,
It would be most ideal if you've only had the one line on the go at the same time so you're not paying twice, our house move team would have further details on lead times, if you want to message across the details of your new premise then I can get exact lead times for you.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Home move - minimum time from order

Overlapping the payments to BT for the telephone for a week or two wouldn't bother me.
We did a sim provide when we moved here so I'm familiar with the way it should work. I've yet to confirm if the seller has arranged for the cancellation of her telephone and broadband (from BT Retail). I presume I can't place the order with BT to take over the service until she has given them the date she wants her service cancelled.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)