Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Unconfigured?

zombies
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Home Phone Unconfigured?

Hi,
Recently had a horrendous house-move and after a lot of back and forth, now have broadband and home phone provision in place.
Whilst this is all working, the control panel on my account says that the Home Phone option is only available to those with Home Phone on their account.
As far as I'm aware, I have this option and can only assume it's related to Account Status -> Home Phone (Weekends) being marked as Unconfigured?
Could someone take a look when they can as I'm keen to manage my phone services from within the Member Centre as I can my broadband service.
(I haven't raised a ticket for this as technically, nothing is at fault with the services provided - only the Member Centre seems unaware I now have Home Phone - previously only had broadband)
Z
6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Home Phone Unconfigured?

Given that you cannot easily access the ticket system Wink (but there is a link below) you might want to see if the "When asked most cats preferred CHAT" service from the user portal will get you a prompt fix.  Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Did your home phone service activate today? If so you should be able to access the control panel from tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
zombies
Grafter

Quote from: Townman
Given that you cannot easily access the ticket system Wink (but there is a link below) you might want to see if the "When asked most cats preferred CHAT" service from the user portal will get you a prompt fix.  Cheesy

Hi Townman - I can put in a support ticket, but chose not to as it's technically not a fault.
I've never been able to find the chat system - despite looking for it - especially recently.
Could you provide a link to it or directions as to how to find it?
Quote from: Chris
Did your home phone service activate today? If so you should be able to access the control panel from tomorrow.

The phone service was activated on 26/03/2015 - as was broadband service, however I have had no e-mail telling me it's been activated.
The phone line works, broadband works - we can make calls etc.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Ah, the component was only added to the account today. If it's not active by tomorrow let us know and we can manually kick it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi Zombies,
Tickets are not just for faults - indeed under the new portal skin they are known to Business users as plainly "messages".  You can use tickets to ask questions, but they are not now being promoted as the customer's most preferred way of communicating with PlusNet.
The Chat service (when available which it was not 10 minutes ago) should appear on the front of the user portal / member centre.  It should certainly appear on the CONTACT US page.
You can access the Help Assistant (ticket system) by clicking the link below.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

zombies
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Ah, the component was only added to the account today. If it's not active by tomorrow let us know and we can manually kick it.

Thank you Chris - will keep an eye on it  Smiley
Quote from: Townman
Hi Zombies,
Tickets are not just for faults - indeed under the new portal skin they are known to Business users as plainly "messages".  You can use tickets to ask questions, but they are not now being promoted as the customer's most preferred way of communicating with PlusNet.
The Chat service (when available which it was not 10 minutes ago) should appear on the front of the user portal / member centre.  It should certainly appear on the CONTACT US page.
You can access the Help Assistant (ticket system) by clicking the link below.
Kevin

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for this additional information - I've always viewed the ticket system as a 'fault log' than more of a Q&A system, more-so out of habit - I used to work on a Service Desk and our tickets were strictly for fault requests. Q&A went through a different channel so to speak.
Looking at the front of the member page, I see no 'Chat' system - however, you say it should be there and I've seen other references to it here.
After a little investigation - my Firefox browser does not show it as an option (FF 36.0.4).
Internet Explorer 11 does show it as an option.
Only thing I can think of is one of my FF add-ons is disabling or removing the 'chat' option from me.
This could be one of my add-ons, but the only 2 I can immediately think of capable of doing this would be AdBlock Plus, Flash Blocker or Ghostery.
Will fiddle with these and see if I can get it to appear on the page and will report back Smiley
Edit: Turned out Ghostery was blocking it entirely - whitelisted portal.plus.net and all seems well Smiley