cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone - Cancellation stopped. What cancellation?! Missing an authentication step...

tstaddon
Rising Star

Home Phone - Cancellation stopped. What cancellation?! Missing an authentication step...

Sender: www-data <www-data@workplace12.servers.plus.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 09:00:01 +0000

Hi,

I'm a bit perplexed as to why I received a "cancellation stopped" email back in December (which I didn't notice till today) when I've been far too busy with other things to even look at changing provider.

There's been no notification email to say you'd received a request to cancel the contract, I've had no hard sell from any other telco... So I have no idea what's triggered this.

Wouldn't it be prudent to have some kind of authentication or alert if PN receives a request to transfer a phone line? (Not a sales call, just a "We've received a request from another service provider, if this is correct you don't need to do anything but if not please go to our website and use the contact us option".

Looks to me like a third party is able to submit a request to PN with no authentication, and the customer wouldn't know anything about it until PN ceases the line.

1 REPLY 1
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Home Phone - Cancellation stopped. What cancellation?! Missing an authentication step...

Hello @tstaddon,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forum. When another supplier requests to take over the services on a line that we hold, we will send a notification via the account for you to contact us or cancel the request online.

If they have not placed this in error then the other ISP will also contact you to confirm the change over.

I have taken a look over your account and provided a response here, due to it containing account specific information.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team